should I give the bottles another wash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
Weekend before last I went camping with some friends and we polished off two cases of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I saved the bottles for future home brew use and now I have a question. I filled a tub with water & OxiCLean to soak off all the labels. I scrubbed the bottles and drained the OxiClean out then let them air dry. I was thinking I could just sanitize them when I get ready to bottle but then it occurred to me that because I had so many bottles in the tub there was a lot of dissolved glue by the end of my clean up. Do you think this will be an issue? Should I wash them before I sanitize them?

Weekend before last I went camping with some friends and we polished off two cases of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I saved the bottles for future home brew use and now I have a question. I filled a tub with water & OxiCLean to soak off all the labels. I scrubbed the bottles and drained the OxiClean out then let them air dry. I was thinking I could just sanitize them when I get ready to bottle but then it occurred to me that because I had so many bottles in the tub there was a lot of dissolved glue by the end of my clean up. Do you think this will be an issue? Should I wash them before I sanitize them?

Take one and hold it up to the light and look inside. If it's clean as a whistle, you don't have to wash them. If there is any debris or gunk or if they are sticky, or otherwise dirty, wash them.

Thanks YooperBrew, they are clean looking but I was worried about glue residue. I guess I should just RDWHAHB :D

Back