Any Drip Trays that are not $60?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerBrigade

Reaction score
I have already put plenty of money into my Keezer project and I still don't even have two of the three Perlick taps I need....

I have seen drip trays for $50-$75 and this is over budget I feel for this....
I have seen Stainless steal mud trays for as little as $12, But I was hoping to find something a little more professional looking but not quite to the tune of $50.
Does anyone know of a good place to find a 12 inch stainless steel drip tray? Or something that looks at least better than the 12 inch mud trays?

^^^^Was just going to link the same eBay seller above. I bought a longer one from the same seller and am very happy with it.

Go to Barproducts.com and search drip tray. They have a SS one that is 19" long for under $20...I have it and it is great...no leaks at all

For the price...you could even cut it and bend it so you will have a 12" one

jsguitar said:
^^^^Was just going to link the same eBay seller above. I bought a longer one from the same seller and am very happy with it.

It says very heavy and I'm planning to attach it with magnets, will that work or is it too heavy for that?

DogFace_Brewing said:
Go to Barproducts.com and search drip tray. They have a SS one that is 19" long for under $20...I have it and it is great...no leaks at all

For the price...you could even cut it and bend it so you will have a 12" one

I don't want to modify a 19 inch drip tray, I want to just find a 12 inch

It says very heavy and I'm planning to attach it with magnets, will that work or is it too heavy for that?

It is pretty heavy but that's exactly what I did. Mine is 24" because I spaced my taps too far apart. I have two heavy duty brackets attached with neodymium magnets for the tray to sit on and it holds a full pint without issue. I haven't tested it any more than that, but it seems strong.

jsguitar said:
It is pretty heavy but that's exactly what I did. Mine is 24" because I spaced my taps too far apart. I have two heavy duty brackets attached with neodymium magnets for the tray to sit on and it holds a full pint without issue. I haven't tested it any more than that, but it seems strong.

What kind of magnets did you use?

hillhousesawdustco said:
I used a piece of copper gutter that came off my folks' house. Soldered on a 1/2" drain copper pipe for a drain and good to go.

Sounds ghetto.... Lol
(I'm sure it's not and I bet you did a great job, just sounded funny, gutter that can off my folks house... Lol)

Ha, I suppose it is a rather ghetto thing to do. I just like reusing stuff and the gutter fit in with the rest of my repurposed theme.

keezer.jpg

My favorite, a 4" PVC drain grate inside a flat 4" PVC pipe cap.
611942033058lg.jpg

6984421.jpg

One per tap, painted to your liking, keep it in place with a velcro or magnets. About $5-6 per tray.

hillhousesawdustco said:
Ha, I suppose it is a rather ghetto thing to do. I just like reusing stuff and the gutter fit in with the rest of my repurposed theme.

DUDE! That thing is really awesome man! We have a Hawaiian themed restaurant here called Hula grill and my girlfriend and I like to go there, it reminds me of something that I would see there...

What kind of magnets did you use?

I used a hodgepodge of neodymium magnets that I already had. They're all a little different and some are broken pieces so I couldn't tell you exactly. It took quite a bit to get it strong enough for my liking but I also used overly heavy brackets and my drip tray is twice as heavy as what you're looking at. You'll have to experiment a little. Just don't test it with a full beer :p

I figured why not and got the staples one. It's not bad. The slits for beer to flow is a little too wide but thats my only complaint. The quality is far better than i'd expect for the price. If only i had a nice $100 drip tray for comparison!...

GM

Back