switching to All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anxiousbrewer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to brewing actually, but after several batches I'm definitely turning into a beer-obsessed geek. So far every batch has been with the brewers best extract kits, but I'm beginning to think about trying either partial mash or all grain brewing. Is there anything that people can recommend for what steps I should take or what kind of equipment I'd need?

Look into BIAB (Brew-In-A-Bag). It's a really inexpensive and easy to learn technique that a lot of people use to ease into All-Grain.

Check out the following link:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-stovetop-all-grain-brewing-pics-90132/

I used this method and never went back to extract :)

Same here. Once I started (with a few 3 gallon batches) I was hooked on all grain. There are so many recipes to choose from and with a little experience so many ways to change them to better suit my palate. A 3 gallon BIAB all grain is just an oversized partial mash without the malt extract. :D Instead of adding the malt extract to make up a 5 gallon batch, you downsize the hops and yeast to the 3 gallon size. Makes about a case of bottles.

Back