Too lazy to bottle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chudz

Reaction score
Ugh, I've had a honey-hibiscus whit in primary for six weeks now and haven't bottled. *Sigh*

I figure if I submit myself to public, non-bottling-in-time humiliation then I will actually force myself to bottle it before I see how long yeast can live.

im in the same boat. Really want to try kegging. How much for a starte kegging kit? What would I really need to start kegging?

i just got a 2 keg setup from kegconnection. i upgraded to the perlicks(you got to!). cost around $250 for the 2 keg set-up, dual reg, fridge shank and picnics all hoses everything! I called them and put together a custom package for me. But I still plan to bottle. The kegs are going to be for "house beers". the bigger beers will be bottled. I like that i can cellar them for much longer and take my time enjoying the stouts, porters and belgians over longer periods with bottling. So basically i say DO IT, whatever it is in your case.

Bottling only takes me about an hour with cleanup, but you already know I see from your post count (but here's some motivation). Quickest way I've found is to run the bottles through the dishwasher on high heat cycle without detergent, and also some have sanitizing high heat rinse and heated dry. I did try to remove most of the jet dry from the dishwasher as I'd read that affects the head on the beer. Then bottle beside the dishwasher with the bottling wand attached to the bucket spigot.

I've got that Honey Hibiscus Wheat in the primary a week now. I'll let you know how it turns out :) in case yours is still in the primary

I finally got off my duff and did it after about 10 weeks in primary. The beer tastes pretty darn good. And now my laziness will hopefully work for me as I wait for it to carb, heh.

Respect Beer. This means attending to it properly and promptly during every phase of its life-cycle.

Back