Winter Ale recipe request!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinness

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Great Lakes Brewery Winter Ale?

Just had one tonight, and I am duly impressed. Label says orange, ginger and cinnamon, and the three are blended very nicely.

I'd love to have a starting point for this. Anyone?

Don't have it. But, it is like crack in at least Northern Ohio. I don't care for it. I had it in their brewpub and that was the only time I liked it. I think someone told me they sell more of that than all their other beers combined. And the Christmas Ale is only sold a couple months out of the year.

Oops - looks like there's a couple of companies pretty close to treading on each other's toes.

I was talking about Great Lakes Brewery, www.greatlakesbeer.com
They make a Winter Ale,
Inspired by the long, cold and seemingly endless Canadian winter, our 6.2% alcohol Winter Ale is a true winter warmer. Handcrafted with specialty hops and malts, combined with generous amounts of cinnamon, honey, ginger and orange peel, this unique beer is brimming with flavour.

In Northern Ohio, there's Great Lakes Brewing Company, www.greatlakesbrewing.com

Christmas Ale
A holiday ale brewed with honey and spiced with fresh ginger and cinnamon.

Thanks for pointing out the other, I'll keep an eye open for it!

Back