Is this a deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

East

Reaction score
I found this homemade stainless steel fermenter on craigslist for 250 , I have been looking at the plastic conical ones and getting ready to spend about the same.
Should I get the homemade stainless steel or a brand name plastic fermenter??

b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

That looks very similar to off brand ones available often on Ebay. I think the price was around $230ish new. Here is an older listing

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290327660047

I know some members have them and for the most part have positive experiences. I looked briefly but couldn't find any current listings. On CL I would say $250 is a steep, especially used. Offer $100-$125 and see where it gets you. If I was in the market I wouldn't pay over $150 for a used ebay conical.

Would I be better off buying a new plastic one for that amount?

That looks very similar to off brand ones available often on Ebay. I think the price was around $230ish new. Here is an older listing

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290327660047

I know some members have them and for the most part have positive experiences. I looked briefly but couldn't find any current listings. On CL I would say $250 is a steep, especially used. Offer $100-$125 and see where it gets you. If I was in the market I wouldn't pay over $150 for a used ebay conical.

Actually the work very nicely but I would not pay $250 for a used one. The stainless conicals are much easier to clean because you don't have to worry about abraiding the inside. I will take a stainless conical over a plastic one any day but $250 is too high for that used conical.

Im not seeing any ss on ebay, where else could I find one around $250?

Thanks again, just ordered one cant wait to use it!

Back