Wished I lived in Europe Right about now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Stupid ESPN, shows spelling bee's, pool, poker and other BS (Cough) Baseball (Cough) . But yet when the Rugby World cup is going on, I can not watch a single game. WTH!!! Even though the U.S. has managed to lose two games in a row.

Iordz said:
South Africa all the way!:rockin:

New Zealand Is gonna take it. ;) South Africa's got a pretty good club though.

act1254295.jpg

I remember when we won in 1995. Good times!:ban:
I must admit, the "all blacks" are good. Although since I've moved to America I haven;t really kept track of what's going on in the rugby world.

You can watch it on Setanta if you have Dish Network or DirectTV. Or go on the Setanta website and look to see what bars are carrying it. There are a ton in NYC but they're charging a $20 cover.

Iordz said:
I remember when we won in 1995. Good times!:ban:
I must admit, the "all blacks" are good. Although since I've moved to America I haven;t really kept track of what's going on in the rugby world.

Its pretty hard to in the U.S., I usely resort to watching old games on the internet, or if I can find a pub that has satellite and shows them. Wish I could still play, Rugby has to be the funnest sport I have ever played, just brutal on the body.

pfranco81 said:
You can watch it on Setanta if you have Dish Network or DirectTV. Or go on the Setanta website and look to see what bars are carrying it. There are a ton in NYC but they're charging a $20 cover.

I have cable. :(

15 bucks a month gets you setanta broadband. I've been watching rugby since it started on Friday. Decent quality and they have reruns. Definitely worth it

Mutilated1 said:
what are they doing ?

Haka, its a traditional dance from New Zealand that the all black's preform before the game and as orfy said its pretty damn intimidating.
[YOUTUBE]kd0kDxP04eI[/YOUTUBE]

Well just flipped through the channels and VS. has the U.S. vs. Tonga game on. Hell yes!!!!!

Played rugby for bout 8 months at Ft. Benning Had a helluva good time , could beat the hell out of each other in a game and have a roaring great time at the bar afterwards . Not like hockey over here where 30 year olds fight in senior beer leagues like its important or something

"could beat the hell out of each other in a game and have a roaring great time at the bar afterwards"

.............Atlanta has some rugby teams and these guys party like crazy!

The station called Versus is showing the Rugby World Cup.

Unfortunately ESPN is too busy showing poker, spelling bee's, and cup stacking tournaments. I did not make that loast one up. About a month ago ESPN televised cup stacking from Denver. ESPN sucks!

NChomebrewer said:
The station called Versus is showing the Rugby World Cup.

Unfortunately ESPN is too busy showing poker, spelling bee's, and cup stacking tournaments. I did not make that loast one up. About a month ago ESPN televised cup stacking from Denver. ESPN sucks!

Yep, they are showing games every Sunday, only problem is I have been checking scores on Scrum.com so I already know the outcomes. Oh well still great to see some great rugby.

Back