Bottling from keg with beer gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtfan99

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any potential problems or dangers using a counter pressure bottle filler to bottle from a keg carbed with beer gas? Is the increased pressure something to worry about when it goes in the bottle? At least point I dont have a beer gas setup but it definitely interests me. My problem is that I do bottle about half of my stout from the keg after a month or so. If I can't do this with the beer gas mix, then its a deal breaker.

if you are going for a nitro-pour from a bottle if using beergas to bottle, then you will be sorely mistaken. you need a widget, and a way to utilize the widget (liquid nitrogen, and special bottling equipment) in order to do that. what you can expect is to have bottles of properly carbonated beer served just like any other beer.

Thats really all I was looking for. I realize the effects of using beer gas would be lost when bottling. I simply wanted to be sure that I could still do it. I don't care if the beer pours from the bottle like any other. I just want to be able to bottle without having to change anything in my process. My concern was if the higher pressure of the beer gas would have an effect on the bottles...mainly if the bottles could handle it.

Back