What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coopers APA. Its wonderful. Made with one can, East Kent Goldigns (30g) hops and 1kg of Coopers amber spraymalt.
It has nice fruity and citrus taste.

had these last night, second resin ever and im glad i got another! also finished off the growler of Little Apple IPA

2013-07-11 18.03.37.jpg

2013-07-11 22.34.18.jpg

Having some squash (do you guys have squash in the states? Cordial?) and waiting till I can reasonably sack it off for the weekend (3.45pm here).

Then going to the beer shop :D

Drinking a pint of my Sexy Blonde with lunch, while waiting for hot break on my Nina Pinta Santa Maria IIPA.

By the way, when I got to NEBCO today, the growler fill wasn't like every other time. The keg was out of Gandhi...so in went a fresh, cold keg and I got dibs!!! Fresh as hell.

NIZZLE said:
? Hear in Michigan the brewerys don't care what the growler says on it :)

Same here. The only brewery that cares is Two Roads in Stratford. They always, always put a Two Roads sticker on the growler for whatever reason. It's annoying.

I actually have no growlers from Connecticut breweries. I have some from Portland, Des Moines, Nashville, Walnut brewery in CO and a few more I can't remember right now.

Screw it. Time for another glass of Gandhi.

Wanted to have my first Heady Topper. However, I can't afford to let this growler of Gandhi go a full 24-hours!

I wish Little apple did that. I had a growler from Blind Tiger in Topeka but they would not fill it, so i purchased one of theirs. I guess it has kinda paid for itself tho, $6 growler fills on tuesday is so cheap its scary!

jgm038 said:
Old Rapsutin Imperial Russian Stout...

IRS has been my new favorite style of beer.... Have to be honest though, the Stone 2013 Release Imperial Russian Stout is a bit better than Old Rasputin, not that it's bad by any means.

Better and like half the price.

I wish Little apple did that. I had a growler from Blind Tiger in Topeka but they would not fill it, so i purchased one of theirs. I guess it has kinda paid for itself tho, $6 growler fills on tuesday is so cheap its scary!

That's unbelievably stupid, IMO.

I'll have to send you a NEBCO growler so you can take it there and piss them off one more time. :rockin::rockin:

Not sure how big Little Apple is, but NEBCO is a friggin' SMALL place. They have maybe 6-8 tanks and the rest of the space is filled by pallets of beer. They don't even have a tap room. The "tap room" is a small bar area off to the side as you walk in through the garage door (and the friendly Black Lab that greets you with a mean bark). The staff there is awesome. I am sure they will expand and make it big one day - only then will we see them buy a much bigger spot to brew.

Two Roads in Stratford, CT has an insane brewery. It used to be an old manufacturing plant. It's ridiculous. They really did an awesome job in turning that place into a sick brewery. While I don't think their beer is as good as NEBCO's, I do know for sure that their brewery and brewpub especially (the bar tops are ridiculous!) are definitely better. I will find a picture of the bar top and post it so you can see.

j1laskey said:
I find it funny that this beer doesn't get the praise that Heady gets. Same brewer ( even though its contracted out). You can find this at every packie and a lot of bars in my area.

Probably how it's marketed. It's in most gluten free sections around here and it's says gluten free beer on it. So I'm thinking that's making it not so appealing.

Little apple is very very small, they are in house draft only and use a 7.5bbl system. They are also a great steakhouse so they have a nice sized seating area and bar but the growler thing confused me. If im coming to buy their beer, they shouldnt care what growler its in

j1laskey said:
I wasn't the biggest fan either but I think it's weird that they have a homerun with Heady and a balk with Celia. Great brewers typically have a stellar line up.

Or you can look at the brewery before Irene flooded out the brewery/pub. They had tons of beers in draft and bottles available. Ill bet there's a certain reason why this one is still around. Ill have to do some research.

That's awesome, what a cool idea

Just wait until you see the floors in that place! Wide-planks! Stained to perfection! So much charm in that brewery. The building has a long history. Next time I am there, I will snap some pics. I'm usually busy drinking their Maibock and Saison. :D

Cheers, everyone!

Little apple is very very small, they are in house draft only and use a 7.5bbl system. They are also a great steakhouse so they have a nice sized seating area and bar but the growler thing confused me. If im coming to buy their beer, they shouldnt care what growler its in

I don't know what NEBCO is, but it's damn small.

Rob is an awesome guy (take a look at their website).

Just wait until you see the floors in that place! Wide-planks! Stained to perfection! So much charm in that brewery. The building has a long history. Next time I am there, I will snap some pics. I'm usually busy drinking their Maibock and Saison. :D

Cheers, everyone!

Definitely take some! I'm putting a full basement bar in my new house when we're done building, looking for ideas on how to finish it.

Was kicking around in Nashville and had brought a couple of nice growlers from home (like $30-40 nice) in case I wanted to pick something up and bring home from one of the breweries. Went in Blackstone, and they said "well, we won't fill your growler up, but you can give us that one and we will trade you for one of ours. :mad:

one-L said:
Was kicking around in Nashville and had brought a couple of nice growlers from home (like $30-40 nice) in case I wanted to pick something up and bring home from one of the breweries. Went in Blackstone, and they said "well, we won't fill your growler up, but you can give us that one and we will trade you for one of ours. :mad:

That's where I went for business. Here's the growler. :D
image-1606575167.jpg

Back