Pliny the Younger, released today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
I just stopped by Russian River this evening and picked up a growler of Pliny the Younger, their triple IPA as well as the Elder, double. So I should be a happy camper either tomorrow night or for sure Wednesday. Can't wait!

Pliny the Younger

ABV - 10.35%
IBUs - GOBS (according to the board at the pub)

must be nice to live so close to a brewery :D

I use to live outside Cleveland...and Great Lakes Brewery...that was nice...

Now I live in Phoenix and have 4 Peaks Brewery right down the road...don't know if you ever heard of it but they have some pretty good stuff.

I want to try the Pliny stuff...I've been waitin for the right time...just tried DFH for the first time.

Gah.

I got the email, but I'm too far away. I'll be up there sometime this year. There is a chance I'll be spending a few months in Livermore this summer, in which case I'll definitely be stopping by RR.

The 10 oz glass was a delicious treat. But the $30 growler fill? I'm not sure it's more than twice as special as Pliny the Elder.

Here's a picture of the bitter nectar

PtY.jpg

It is like a holiday beer, where you only get a month to enjoy it.

Carnevoodoo, I totally have to disagree with you . For being so big and hoppy it is amazingly balanced. There was no sweetness that a lot of IPA's have and the abundance of hops is not overpowering or oily. I will admit though, it is a f***ing healthy price to pay. Course after one 10.5oz beer I was feeling very good.

I just stopped by Russian River this evening and picked up a growler of Pliny the Younger, their triple IPA as well as the Elder, double. So I should be a happy camper either tomorrow night or for sure Wednesday. Can't wait!

Pliny the Younger

ABV - 10.35%
IBUs - GOBS (according to the board at the pub)

How did you get a growler of younger? They are VERY adamant about not filling growlers of pliny this year. No bottles and you cant take it out of the bar. Not to mention that they are only pouring 10oz pours.

How did you get a growler of younger? They are VERY adamant about not filling growlers of pliny this year. No bottles and you cant take it out of the bar. Not to mention that they are only pouring 10oz pours.

Well, you dug up a post from 2 years ago, so there's your explanation.

Back