Grain seller in Chicago SW suburbs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eves

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine who homebrews. He doesn't live in my area but he told me that he heard there was a grain seller in the SW suburbs of Chicago (like New Lenox or Mokena area) that sold 50# bags of grain cheap. Supposedly this place is a distributor that sells to local microbreweries in the area but does sell to individuals. He couldn't remember the details of the place as to him it was more of a rumor.

Does anyone know of such a place in that general area?

Sadly the SW burbs are extremely lacking in the home brew supply department so I my real goal here is to merely find a place far more local to me.

It's in the SE suburbs, South Holland to be exact. Mid Country Malt Supply is the name of the company. Do a search on the net and you'll come up with their website. Our club just had a group buy and we picked up over 2200# of grain and 13# of hops from Mid Country. If you go, you're not too far from Flossmoor Station Brewery and Three Floyds Brewery they are worth a stop.

Thanks for the info. Just to make sure...does that place sell single 55# bags of malt? Their website pretty much only mentions amounts of 1000#s or more.

Another little bit of information, if you just want a bag of grain and don't call ahead you will need to call the office in NY once you get there and give them your credit card information. When you do that there is no sales tax.

Back