Burner help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixon72

Reaction score
I am in the process of making a gravity fed brew tree and am in need of 3 burners. I have been looking at the Bayou BG-14, but it looks like everyone has them on back order. I even read something that they are discontinued.

I was hoping for something as close to the 200k BTU range that wouldn't send me to the poor house. Will 55-60k BTU burners take forever to boil 10 gallon batches? Should I just save the money and get some lower BTU burners instead? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Dixon

I've got three of these (BG-10) on my brew stand w/ a 10 psi regulator. They work fine for 10 gallon batches. I rarely turn up a burner all the way.

bcbg10_cast_iron_propane_cast_burner.jpg

I just picked up 3 BG-10 burners with a 0-30 psi adjustable reg. I should be able to run 2 burners at about 105-110k. If for some reason that isn't sufficient I can always reconfigure the schedule 40 with another reg.

Thanks for the quick response Lil' Sparky.

-Dixon

FWIW I can run all three burners at the same time just fine with the single regulator. The 0-30 psi regulator would be really nice. You'll be able to get a hotter flame than with the 10 psi reg.

Latest posts

Back