Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
199 pages!
I know more about kegerators now than I would ever have thought possible...and now I have more questions, too!

Great job, everyone! The Irish coffin keezers are by far my favorites and something that beautiful is probably the only way SWMBO is going to allow a project like this in the house.

I look forward to posting shots of my first kegerator in a couple weeks.

Now, which way to manifold and regulator tutorials? :D

I am working on an Irish Coffin/ Kegerator right now. The way I got my SWMBO to sign off on it was to use a flower patterned tile for the top. It is really quite nice. It is a black tile and you can not see the pattern unless you walk up and look directly at it.

tile.jpg

Going with this as the top, then a stainless steel subway tile for the irish coffin "backsplash". Wood will be stained in an espresso color to match my other furniture.
*pics of the completed kegerator will be posted once finished in a week or two.

I am working on an Irish Coffin/ Kegerator right now. The way I got my SWMBO to sign off on it was to use a flower patterned tile for the top. It is really quite nice. It is a black tile and you can not see the pattern unless you walk up and look directly at it.

The link to your photos is broken ;)

Quite possibly the best internet forum thread I've ever read!
My kegerator died a month ago, so now it's time to replace it- as soon as we move into a new house. Getting some fantastic ideas.
No brewing until then. :mad:

Here's my tiki bar kegerator.

http://www.mcgowanspub.com/tikibar/PICT0157.jpg

Holds 9 kegs (7 5-gals, plus 2 2.5's on the hump). 5 regular plus 2 nitro faucets. I also keep 2 kegs of seltzer water cold for the post-mix soda gun and a cold plate in there for the pre-mix soda gun. And there's a chalkboard painted on the front for what's on tap.

The whole tiki bar project started as a something thrown together for a luau a few years back, and since then it's taken on a life of it's own. The kegerator is basically the back bar of the tiki bar.

A couple more pics:

http://www.mcgowanspub.com/tikibar/PICT0162.jpg
http://www.mcgowanspub.com/tikibar/PICT0205.jpg
http://www.mcgowanspub.com/tikibar/PICT0166.jpg

Sweet. I've got some of those same tiki mugs. Awesome set-up.

After selling my old 2-tap haier kegerator I've been working on my new kegerator and finally got the first two taps up and running this last weekend.
kegerator-2tap.jpg

Its working pretty awesome, I can fit probably 10 cornies in there and a 20lbs co2 tank and about 300 bottles of beer.
I want to setup 4 more taps and build a drip tray. I found a nice price on a 19" drip tray but I need some kind of stand to screw to the front so I can set pints in it. I've been playing with Google Sketchup which is what I used for the above measurements. Looks like A 19" drip tray would work great, anyone know something that works with that or who makes something I could screw in to the front?
t49doorplan.jpg

Problem with SWMBO? hardly!
1. its in the garage so it needn't look pretty.
2. she bought me the new keezer because the 7.4cu was only good for 3 kegs.

I stole my idea from Danger831's DIY thread, found here. I still haven't poured the first beer with this yet, that will come tomorrow during the tailgate party prior to USF's first football game of the season :rockin: The only problem I've come across with this is the spray paint that I used to paint the cooler with is chipping off very easily. I used the Krylon Fusion paint that is supposed to bond well to plastics, but I ended up painting over that with regular Krylon gloss because I didn't like the matte finish of the Fusion....

mobilekegerator.jpg

Did some work on the kegerator this weekend, got the taps in. Drip tray parts didn't come in as hoped, something for next weekend I guess!
fridge_6tap.jpg

sag, dude, sorry, but that's the worst flippin thing ever

man, the doors are uneven, please

I'm sure it's buggin the snot out of you as well

I'll just come pick it up and you won't hafta worry

Yeah the doors bug me some, I need to figure out how to adjust that haha.
Running the hoses from the taps to the kegs was a major PITA.

i just got this together. I had a keezer, but turned it into a fermentation chamber. I'm working on a chalkboard for the freezer door today.

DSCN17871.jpg

and here is a pic of the inside, I still have to add a 1.5" piece of 1x at the top of the door to shut off the light when I close the door, but I'd say it's pretty much done except for the chalk board.

DSCN1788_1_.jpg

Thanks. The regulator setup is sort of custom. I got them from sciplus.com a couple of years ago when there was a post about them. I pieced them together with parts from mcmastercarr, hd, lowes and ace hardware...depending on what I was near on my lunch break from work at the time or my location, my wife and I were moving from Rochester, MN, to St Louis, MO.

This thread has brought much inspiration. Ive been watching it for a while. SWMBO gave the OK this weekend to build one. And lo and behold, the first time i jumped on craigslist to find a suitable victim to house my brew, someone just posted a Sanyo 4912M and they were less than a mile away from work. Stopped by on the way home from work and 40 bones later i am the proud owner of one.

I cant wait to contribute to this as well.

I picked this up with tower for $100 needed compressor! ???$$$$$ I figured if to much would make a great garage bench with storage for the $100. I asked all my buddies and one said yah I know an a/c guy so I called him he found the parts and all total cost would be only $250 for a new compressor and dryer and condencor labor was free we swapped labor on my keg for work on his car. so total cost for repairs and purchase $350!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the rockstar frig was free from a friend
35197_1508475840738_1499587300_31296067_7957941_n.jpg
59285_1579096566212_1499587300_31484230_2609001_n.jpg

Nice, how many kegs can you cram in there? I almost bought one of those before I decided on the commercial fridge I posted last page.

who knows??? I have a 20# co2 and 3 corni's also at one time had 2 5gal glass carboys and about 48 12oz bottles and room to spare! could prob fit 12 5gal corni's with co2

saq yours is freaking large!!!! I bet u can just pull up or down on one of those doors to align them. looks great but is it outside?

Its outside, I mounted another fan behind the condensor, a decent sized 10" unit so now it has more airflow and is cooling pretty good.
The door alignment doesn't seem to be that easy, the bracket at the bottom on the left side seems to be mounted lower than the one on the right, not really sure what happened there to cause that...

This is the fourth kegerator I've made. Friends kept offering me so much for them that I couldn't justify keeping them. This one is staying put.

img_01143.jpg
[/IMG]

Finished up the kegerator last night, snapped the picture this morning.
kegerator_done1.jpg

The drip tray attaches to the L brackets with a few powerful magnets so I can pull it off and rinse it out easily.

Future plans: 7th tap, love controller for digital precision temp control

Back