Starter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawkbrew

Reaction score
I made my starter last night for my brew session tomorrow. I used 2 cups waster with 1 cup DME. My starter is now at full krausen! I've done this before and it's usually taken at least a day to get to full krausen. I'm using WLP001. My question is should I put this in the fridge to slow down the yeast attenuation or just let it go? I plan on tossing it in around 3 or 4 tomorrow afternoon.

I'd let it keep on going. You don't want to slow it down. Are you using a stir plate? If you are, I usually turn off the plate when I start to brew, so that by the time I'm ready to pitch, I can decant and pour the yeast into the carboy.

Thanks Hammy. I'm using a 1 gallon juice bottle and shaking every so often. I'll let it go and pitch tomorrow.

P.S. Love you avitar. I grew up with a lot of family members enjoying the "beer refreshing."

Last name is Hamm so kinda been in my blood for a while....lol. Been collecting Hamm's beer stuff since I was a kid and never stopped. Maybe brewing is in my blood.....

Back