So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazelnut vanilla porter. Pretty basic but gonna load it up. Been brewing pretty conservative lately so I'm gonna push the limits with hazelnut and vanilla.

Brewed half barrel IPA. Warrior bittering. Tons of late addition Amarillo and Mosaic. 40 minute hopstand. Can't wait until it's done!

I'm brewing right now.
+3 C. Outside (37.4 F) with a Canadian bitter north wind.

If my Barleywine would ever get up boil, that be great.

I'm brewing two batches in anticipation of my 5th annual party before the local fireworks show. I have two simple recipes - a cream ale and a hefeweizen. I will also have a hard lemonade.

This will be the first time I am running all three taps on my kegerator. Should be fun to get everything brewed, kegged, and balanced in time for 70+ people to come over and sample my brews.

Working on brewing for tomorrow, out of RO water so have to filter, boil and set aside some of the water for tomorrow. Normally I won't use my tap water but this is a milder hop load beer so it won't get to bitter from the 405mg/l sulfate I deal with. I need to get an RO system...

Chocolate milk stout for nitro faucet. Going to execute while simultaneously smoking a brisket overnight.

Well I bought a starter kit from Midwest and it comes with "Front Porch Pale Ale."
No real info on this beer but I'll just follow directions and use what I've learned here. I also bought some star san, fermometers, a hydrometer, and a bottle washer. Should be all set for this first batch. :)

Just brewed up an Innkeeper Ale extract kit from NB. will be bottling Friday so will have space in the fermenting fridge. Right now it is running 60 degrees in the pantry so it can park o the floor in there.

Going to be brewing a Sour Rye. Inspired by Sour in the Rye. This will be my first time using any East Coast Yeast this one will be using (ECY01) Bug Farm.

Taking a weekend off. Pretty much every weekend this year I've brewed or bottled, but this weekend and the next are both free (in NYC next weekend).

My plan is to brew this weekend one of the two or hopefully both. First the Zombie Dust clone (AG) found on this forum. The other would be a small 3 gallon IPA I brewed in March. I want to tweak it some. So I was thinking about going with:

Grains:
7# 2-row 87.5%
0.5# Biscuit 6.2%
0.5# Caramel 40L 6.2%

Hops:
1oz Bravo (10.5% AA) 60 min
0.5oz Warrior (14.90% AA) 20 min
0.5oz Warrior (14.90% AA) 5 min
1oz Citra (12% AA) Dry Hop 5-7 days

The last time I brewed this IPA I did:

Grains:
7# of 2-row
10oz of Caramel 40L

Hops
0.4oz Bravo 60 min
0.6oz Bravo 20 min
1 oz Warrior 5 min
1oz Citra Dry Hops 5 days.

It was low IBUs and bitterness, so I think maybe changing the hop schedule some might help. It turned out great but it wasn't very "hoppy" for an IPA. So I could just add more hops since I have them handy.

Brewing at this moment #3 of the Flat Tire Crone series. #1 was extract w/ specialty grain (our first beer ever.) #2 was partial mash. And #3 is all grain! Smells great.

Last edited:
Brewing an APA tomorrow, since I have the day off.
5.5 gallons,
75% efficiency
7.8 SRM
34.7 IBUs
5.2% ABV
OG 1.054
FG 1.014

Grain Bill
8 lbs pale 2 row
1 lb Carafoam
1 lb Munich 10L
1 lb Vienna
1.6 ounces Chocolate Malt

Hops:
1 oz centennial 60 minutes 31 IBUs
1 oz cascade 5 minutes 3.7 IBUs
1 oz cascade dry hop 5 days

Yeast:
Safale US 05 1 packet

I don't know what to call this. 2lbs dme, 4 cans of Lemonaid concentrate and saison yeast with 1oz Mosaic 20min. Trying to make the raspberry hard Lemonaid more beer like.

We are brewing our Cream Ale (10 gallons) tomorrow! Weather looks good for it! Should be ready in plenty of time to enjoy at our lake place, in Maine, this summer.

Mike

Apparently, I am. Weather sucks...awesome car we wanted to buy was too wide for the tow dolly...F-it, making another batch of my RyePA.

I don't know what to call this. 2lbs dme, 4 cans of Lemonaid concentrate and saison yeast with 1oz Mosaic 20min. Trying to make the raspberry hard Lemonaid more beer like.

Sounds like a Shandy.

Wife will be at a bridal shower tomorrow, so i have the grains already milled and the hops measured out for an American Amber.

DIPA with a 8oz of El Dorado and Hull Melon hops.

Hoping for something new and... fruity.

Brewed a stout yesterday that I'm telling myself I'm gonna let age for a few months before I start drinking, so as to excuse myself for brewing a mild sooner than I probably would have otherwise.

Back