Unable to take apart my corney

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crassostrea

Reaction score
I can not unscrew the gas port from the keg. What size are they usually? 23mm?

this is my second keg and the first one had matching gas and liquid ports and were easily unscrewed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was planning on taking the keg to my local store to see if they could do something.

Had the same problem with a keg. I used a deep well socket and hit the wrench handle with a rubber mallet after a soak in some warm water. Took some time but it finally gave up and loosened.

My kegs are either 7/8 or 11/16.

Same here. Ended up buying both deep well sockets at Lowe's. Maybe like $2.50 for the 11/16 and $4.50 for the 7/8. Make sure you get the right drive for your socket wrench...Lowe's had both 3/8" drive and 1/2" drive for the 7/8" socket.

Had the same problem with a keg. I used a deep well socket and hit the wrench handle with a rubber mallet after a soak in some warm water. Took some time but it finally gave up and loosened.

+2...I had some really stubborn ones when I bought a bunch of dirty old kegs...time in some water with some detergent and some firm taps of the socket wrench with a rubber mallet got them off...

You can use some extra leverage... Use a socket/ratchet on the fitting, and use the closed end of a box wrench at the end of the ratchet as en extension on the handle. It will give you almost a foot more of leverage.

Latest posts

Back