Headed to Columbus, OH, 9/4-9/6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Work will take me to Columbus (actually Athens, but the place doesn't have any hotels worth a darn) Labor Day weekend. If any central Ohioans are interested, I'd love to get together the night of Sept. 4. Irregular Pulse and his SWMBO are going to try to make it.

Love to have more. :mug:

Oh ****! Is that really Labor Day weekend??? Why is your boss sending you somewhere on a holiday? I will be camping that weekend. I will have to double check which day we are leaving. hopefully not until Saturday Morning.

Oh ****! Is that really Labor Day weekend??? Why is your boss sending you somewhere on a holiday? I will be camping that weekend. I will have to double check which day we are leaving. hopefully not until Saturday Morning.
I know, bad weekend. I'll just hang in Columbus all by my lonesome. :)

My boss (or the UConn football schedule) doesn't care it's a holiday. I have to work. I spent Christmas in Detroit a few years back.

I'll check with SWMBO but there is a very god chance Friday will be okay. We're both off monday so camping Saturday through Monday would be enough. But it just depends. Her parents already reserved our spot at the campground with them, so... I'll let you knwo after I talk to her in an hour or so.

I'd like to, but the schedule is jam packed that weekend. Too bad you're not going to be in town the weekend after that. That's when I'm having my annual beer bash.

If you have a chance, check out Elevator Brewing, Columbus Brewing Company and one or both of the Barley's places. If you're only going to one, I'd recommend Elevator.

I'd like to, but the schedule is jam packed that weekend. Too bad you're not going to be in town the weekend after that. That's when I'm having my annual beer bash.

If you have a chance, check out Elevator Brewing, Columbus Brewing Company and one or both of the Barley's places. If you're only going to one, I'd recommend Elevator.
Sorry you can't make it. Thanks for the recommendations. :mug:

Elevator is great! They also have a yearly homebrew comp and whoever wins gets their beer made by them and on tap as the beer of the month. I also like Gordon Beirsch(sp) near Nationwide arena.

Too bad it cant be any other weekend. I have family coming in town. Were gonna check out the Lawnmower Racing Nations in Delaware, OH (just north of C-bus) and work on the house.

Enjoy the visit!

Too bad it cant be any other weekend. I have family coming in town. Were gonna check out the Lawnmower Racing Nations in Delaware, OH (just north of C-bus) and work on the house.

Enjoy the visit!
Wait, is this racing lawnmowers? I want to see that. When is it?

Were gonna check out the Lawnmower Racing Nations in Delaware, OH (just north of C-bus) and work on the house.

Enjoy the visit!

aww o freaking way!! I keep telling SWMBO I'm going to convert our riding mower and race it since I push mow the yard now that we put up a fence.....I want to see this!! Take video, post it here

Yikes, Elevator is on High Street. Might not be a good idea for a Friday or Saturday Venture with a home game.

Both are on High Street, but Elevator is downtown - not up on campus. Barley's I is just up the street and Barley's Smokehouse is only a few minutes out of downtown on 33.

Elevator is great! They also have a yearly homebrew comp and whoever wins gets their beer made by them and on tap as the beer of the month. I also like Gordon Beirsch(sp) near Nationwide arena.

Enjoy the visit!

The judges that Elevator recruits for their competition leave quite a bit to be desired. 3 of the score sheets I got back each had less than 20 words on the entire sheet. It's a great place to sit and have a couple of beers though.

If you're going to make your way to Gordon Biersch let me know. I may be able to get you a tour. The brewmaster there is a great guy.

Wait, is this racing lawnmowers? I want to see that. When is it?

Yup! I've never been to it before but this is just my second year of living in D-Ware. I first heard about it when I saw it on Wreckreation Nation on the Discovery Channel.

This is what it says on the site:
2009 National Schedule | LET'S MOW - USLMRA

September 5-6 *
STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals & Challenge of Champions Delaware, MOWhio
2nd Annual Performance Mowersports Expo (PME)
(STA-BIL Nationals Weekend)
Delaware County Fairgrounds
U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
Welcome to the Delaware County Fair - Delaware, Ohio
*TV Taping for Fox Sports Net and Outdoor Channel

I might be down to head up that way...let me check with the boss.

BTW shecky, are you gonna be in the 'Nati for the UC/UConn football game this year? I've got UC season tickets, so maybe we could meet up then.

I might be down to head up that way...let me check with the boss.

BTW shecky, are you gonna be in the 'Nati for the UC/UConn football game this year? I've got UC season tickets, so maybe we could meet up then.
Cool. And yes, I will be going to Cincy. Sometime in November, if memory serves. I could look at my media guide which is 5 feet away but I'm feeling lazy. :)

well I am a def no go. We're leaving Friday after work to head to the campground. This blows. When do you head back??
Very early flight Sunday morning. You're out. :D

I love the smokehouse. Good food. Good beer, not great, but good. The Elevator is very good too. You will not be dissapointed in Barleys Smoke House.

Cool. And yes, I will be going to Cincy. Sometime in November, if memory serves. I could look at my media guide which is 5 feet away but I'm feeling lazy. :)

Very early flight Sunday morning. You're out. :D

Damn
Well post ASAP on the date for your cincy trip. It's only 1.5 hours from me and an excuse for going to Cincinnati is always welcomed. Be sure and stop by Jungle Jims. Great Beer Selection.

well I am a def no go. We're leaving Friday after work to head to the campground. This blows. When do you head back??

Well, shecky, looks like your plans of meeting these buckeyes are going down faster than my ex-girlfriend after a couple fuzzy navels. PM me and we'll figure something out.

Damn
Well post ASAP on the date for your cincy trip. It's only 1.5 hours from me and an excuse for going to Cincinnati is always welcomed. Be sure and stop by Jungle Jims. Great Beer Selection.
Game's Nov. 7, so I'll be arriving the 6th. Don't know game time yet, but I will definitely be available night of the 6th, possibly the 7th.

Enough lead time for you. :D

Nope, sorry just made plans a half hour ago, maybe next time. I'm a very important person and my nights fill up quick.

Funny thing is, I may seriously have plans that weekend, but they would be in Cincinatti. Our friends live in West Chester and do a Halloween party every year and this year are planning on having it on a weekend other that actual Halloween.

I assume you'll be staying to close to the Bengals Stadium?

Scratch that, they play on the 8th... What you in Cinci for?

Bearcats Game, Got it

Well, shecky, looks like your plans of meeting these buckeyes are going down faster than my ex-girlfriend after a couple fuzzy navels. PM me and we'll figure something out.

He might meet this buckeye and possibly ChillHayze if he heads to the Lawnmower racing. Be sure to bring your farmers tan and PBR if you head up here! :cross:

He might meet this buckeye and possibly ChillHayze if he heads to the Lawnmower racing. Be sure to bring your farmers tan and PBR if you head up here! :cross:

I was gonna bring those anyway. I'm from Kentucky. :ban:

Unfortunately, I can't make it this time. 2 hours each way is a bit far for a couple beers.

I went to a place called Bodegas this past weekend. Shecky you HAVE to stop there during your stay It's on Hgihstreet on/near campus, but it's awesome. 50 beers on tap and way too many bottles. Good **** too!! Had my first La Fin du Monde. Great stuff.

If you go to the Elevator, try the Rock Fillet, It's awesome. A fillet (also available is tuna) comes out raw on a piece of soapstone heated to 600F and you cook your own steak. I know it sounds like work but very cool. They have a Rye IPA on right now that is pretty good, dry hopped with homegrown hops.

Alright folks, Hugh Jass and Mrs. Hugh Jass and a colleague of mine (likely) are going to meet at Barley's between 5-5:30 pm Friday night. Come one, come all.

Back