Hop Tea mixed with Priming Sugar before bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satisfaction

Reaction score
I am about to bottle two IPA's and wanted to kick up that hop aroma to a little extra level. Both have been dry hopping for almost 14 days.

So here is the question. Have any of you boiled hops along with your priming sugar to get that aroma boost? Successful? Waste of hops?

The thought is to first boil the sugar and drop a teabag of hops in the water while it is cooling. Seen posts that some people talk about adding hops to bottles, but that seems like a horrible mess.

i would think boiling first then steeping a hopbag while it cools would work well seeing as alot of folks add hops at flameout for aroma

i should have added that i used a similar "spice bag" when i did a pumpkin beer last year as my priming sugar cooled and it seemed to refresh the pumpkin pie smell at bottling and it lasted a month or so after awhile the nice aroma after opening a bottle dissappeared thou but i expected that

Back