Michael Jackson (the Beer Hunter) Passed Away?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one? The beer guy or the singer/pedophile guy?

This one?
220px-Michael_Jackson_1984%282%29.jpg
Or this One?
Michael_jackson_beer.jpg

Stan Hieronymus also mentions it in his blog this morning.

If true, this is a very sad day for the beer community. He will be greatly missed. Let us all hoist a pint in honor of the man who devoted his life to the promotion of great beer. Here's to Michael Jackson.

That's too bad... a man who had a huge influence on the beer community.

Glib, I edited your title to make it clear which MJ passed away.

Cheers to a truly inspirational beer genius. :mug:
Tis a sad day in the brewing community & I will be hoisting a pint in your honor kind sir.

Cheers

Cheers to one of the greats, who educated many many brewers (myself included) on the great and wonderous world of good beer.

He will be missed

Here's to you Michael
:mug:

I just heard this:

Top beer expert Michael Jackson died this morning.

Jackson dedicated more than three decades to the pursuit and documentation of the world’s finest beers, and wrote many books on the subject.
He became known as the most widely-published and influential author on beer. He developed a cult television series known as “The Beer Hunter”, and contributed articles to countless magazines and newspapers.
Jackson was especially well-known for his particular passion for the specialty brews of Belgium, and his bestseller The Great Beers of Belgium.
Morning Advertiser beer writer Roger Protz said: “I’m in Germany at a beer conference and when I announced he was dead people were totally shocked - he was just so well-known.
“He was the best - and always will be the best. His knowledge of beer is unsurpassable. His genius was to to be able to write simply and beautifully about beer.
“He was a very private person but I enjoyed his company - he always had a really amusing story to tell about his travels.”

I met him once, right when I started brewing. Didn't make the connection until several days later, while I was reading one of his books in a used book store. Only 10 a.m., but I'll have to raise a pint.

This really bummed me out. He was the first person I can ever recall writing about and extolling the virtues of better beer. I watched every episode of his Discovery Channel series. Wish it were out on DVD.

I'll definitely raise a glass tonight in his honor. I have a bottle of Samichlaus that I've been keeping for special occasions. This is one.:(

I had the honor to have met Michael Jackson on a few occasions. On one of those occasions in particular, he asked me what kind of beer i liked to brew. I told him that the latest beer I brewed was a Framboise. He asked me how it turned out and I told him that it tasted like soap. I'll never forget his response. He said, ''Perhaps you can bathe in it''. He was truly an extraordinary fellow.

He will truely be missed. I looked forward to meeting him at UofPenn next year. We have lost a great one in our community. A pint will be raised tonight in his honor. :(

Oh man... First the Crocodile Hunter. Then the Beer Hunter. Who's Next? The ***** Hunter? :(

My first thought when I heard of his passing was, "Oh damn... I feel sorry for his pall-bearers!" Do you have any idea how many bottles of homebrew are gonna be in that casket??!!!!!

Damn Squirrels said:
Oh man... First the Crocodile Hunter. Then the Beer Hunter. Who's Next? The ***** Hunter? :(

My first thought when I heard of his passing was, "Oh damn... I feel sorry for his pall-bearers!" Do you have any idea how many bottles of homebrew are gonna be in that casket??!!!!!

no bottles, just a AG rig.

Looked in Wikipedia when I first saw this thread. I thought it was a mistake. Looked again and it has a born and died date.

It sucks.

Brewing for 5+ years and never read any of his work. Need to get that on my to do list (the real one).

What a bummer. I just found out after driving all day from Dallas.

Here's to you MJ! May You Rest in Peace.

Prost!

This is the first I heard of his passing. I have several of his books and loved his Beer Hunter series (many of which are available online.)

It's strange, but I really am saddened by this. He was certainly the greatest, and his words in TCJOHB inspired me in brewing my own great beer.

Mr. Jackson, this one is for you!:mug:

Wow, that is sad news. He was a hard living man. I had the pleasure of driving around in a big rented Lincoln C with him, visiting New Mexico Breweries. He also came to the RGBC once and drank beer and hooch with us. He didn't have much to say about the beer, but loved the hooch. He will be missed.

Latest posts

Back