EZ cap bottle problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambogi76

Reaction score
My wife was nice enough to buy me some EZ cap bottles (made in china) for me for my birthday...(i would of rather used the same money to buy grolsch beer and be able to drink the beer)...it was a nice thought though...any way they suck. the tops look quite thick but (as I found out when two busted) the bottom was very thin. And i have several others that are flat ( I guess the seal didnt hold) Has any one else had this luck with these bottles? And if you are thinking of getting any...... dont!!!!!!! Very ticked off, some of the better beer I made ruined by bad bottles (5 and counting).:mad:

I bought two cases of them and they have worked very well for me. I haven't had any issues. None have broken and all have carbed up with no issues. In fact, the lids are too tight to suit my taste. I really have to work to get one open after it has sealed... mine are the 500ml versions...

I have 2 boxes of EZ Cap bottles (16 oz), every time I use them I get 4-5 flat bottles in the batch. I have replaced all of the gaskets at least once and I still get them - I guess I should mark the offending bottles and be sure they are always the same ones. Never had a problem with a Grolsch bottle though, so based on that I probably wouldn't buy more EZ Caps.

Back