Light Lemonade Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, HB Bill.

I just started getting into making mead and I’m going to modify these instructions for part of the batch to make a lavender lemonade mead. I’m debating on adding some Lavender extract that I have for my Kombucha or going with some fresh flowers a week before bottling. I’m really excited about this. Thanks so much for posting this recipe and for checking in from time to time. :)

You're welcome. I don't get back here often either so if you have any questions email me at: [email protected].
I'm in the Central Time and usually up until 1 AM. So, if something pops into your brain at 11 PM I'm still awake to help.

On the flip side...SOME DAYS...8:30 AM finds me still in bed.

50E56039-A007-44CC-BC46-04D6BE87AF21.jpeg

Started a batch based on this recipe last night. Fermenting away and smells great!

I deviated from OP by using 6# local clover honey (lhbs only had 3# containers) and 5 lbs dextrose.

Can’t wait to keg and carb! Been looking to make a good summer beverage besides beer & apfelwein ... hopefully this is it!

Cheers,
Joe

BADC4F83-D5F8-4B1A-A57E-472124B1DBD7.jpeg
View attachment 613629

Started a batch based on this recipe last night. Fermenting away and smells great!

I deviated from OP by using 6# local clover honey (lhbs only had 3# containers) and 5 lbs dextrose.

Can’t wait to keg and carb! Been looking to make a good summer beverage besides beer & apfelwein ... hopefully this is it!

Cheers,
Joe

Fermentation is still going strong after 2 weeks. I don’t typically ferment on the kitchen island so it’s been neat to watch the process unfold each day.

Made a month ago today - same as original post except swapped out one frozen lemonade for a limeade. Used 2 packs EC-1112 and didn’t rack to secondary.
Super clear so far and down from 1.097 to 0.998. Ran at 66-68 degrees the entire time.

wow - thanks for this - our first non-cider and non-beer attempt and already great and clear. Plan on keeping half still and carbonating half.
F7154593-7F00-48FF-9135-9775C8EAB36F.jpeg

Back