New Garage and the Phoenix Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How old are they? I know once they reach a certain age, they are encouraged to go live for a year partaking in what ever they want and then are left to decide afterward if they wish to come back to the old life or not. Really it's actually pretty cool, that a group so tied into religion and old ways gives the freedom of that. The majority return.

Ya know I am not 100% sure but I think its a few family units. I know there is a diverse age group at the markets. I suppose its possible that they bought the townhouse and possibly had it furnished and maybe they just dont use the stuff. For the records, the amish market rocks. You can get some of the best meats around here at the amish market.

It's called the Rumspringa. Some might argue that the Rumspringa is coercion, because those who don't come back into the fold are completely shunned from the community. Anyway, don't want to turn this into an intellectual debate - so I'll shut up now. ;)

Mike, the new place looks fantastic!
Thanks Jason. We'll have to plan a group brewday here to break it in. Plan on another bulk grain buy sometime in oct, I'll keep you posted.

shed_034.jpg

shed_035.jpg

shed_036.jpg

End of the sixth day of construction, this was Tuesday this week. Crew will not be back till next Tues.

Dude...just saw this thread for the first time today. Damn!

Sorry to see you had to go though having your barn burn down and the hassle but it looks like your pull though this great!! If you run short on brew and are heading through the phila metro, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Dude...just saw this thread for the first time today. Damn!

Sorry to see you had to go though having your barn burn down and the hassle but it looks like your pull though this great!! If you run short on brew and are heading through the phila metro, let me know and I'll hook you up.
Thanks for the offer, BTW should be doing another bulk grain buy in Oct, I'll keep you posted.

damn, just saw this. haven't been on here in awhile. glad thing's worked out in the end, that's going to be nice to brew in.

let me know about the grain buy when you do it.

dave

It's great to see you rising from the ashes. Congrats on persevering.

If you want to do something for the firemen, I'll bet they have a Sankey kegerator. I'm sure you could figure out how to fill a sankey keg!

It's great to see you rising from the ashes. Congrats on persevering.

If you want to do something for the firemen, I'll bet they have a Sankey kegerator. I'm sure you could figure out how to fill a sankey keg!
Neighbors and I are going to have a fund raiser for them next spring. Going to sell tickets for a pig roast. Will also do 50/50 drawings with all the money raised from the pig roast going to the fire company.

shed_038.jpg

shed_039.jpg

End of day seven of construction. Crew is all done the shell. I have finishing details to do, build the loft doors, finish the I-beam support for the 2nd floor lift, install new elect service panel, water lines and sink, spray foam insulation and walk in cooler. This building went up much faster than the old one. It feels great to be getting my man cave back:)

I think the main thing that separates this build from other brew shed/house builds is the speed of progress. Forget the sheer scope of the building, you went from "oh crap my shed burnt down" to "hey, here is my brewing Taj Mahal" in less time than most spend planning the builds here. When is the first group brew? :D

shed_039.jpg

Man Cave? Hell, that's a Man Castle. Can you tell I'm jealous? Congrats!

Needs the moat, but laser targeted 50 cals work just as well.
I just hope that someday I can do something like this.
My skills with woodworking and brewing are very basic, but you have my retirement dream already, and that is why the word hobby exist.
Should I say "damm good for you", or "YOU SUCK!" ????

Seriously for a quick moment, hopefully you get back everything that you lost. And it looks like everyone did a fantastic job on rebuilding the Phoenix.
Best of everything.

I just found this thread today. Your ducks sir are in a nice perfect row. Accidents happen every day, some times a regular chance accident and some times a careless accident. But you dusted off and got right to work on making your loss an opportunity. You didn't lose your barn to a fire, you gained a walk in cooler! Looks great man. Glad you and yours are ok and happy for your new cooler

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but after reading the entire thing, I'm really wondering how the inside turned out.

Any pics of the inside yet????

Just getting back on homebrewtalk. Long overdue on brewing!!! Finally putting the brewtree and system together. I now have a new Blichmann 30 gal brewpot with a 20 gal mashtun and 20 gal hot liquor tank. Sould be brewing my fist batch in three years next month. I will follow with pics of the inside of the building which shows both the shop and new brew system. Good to be back on here, looking forward to brewing again!!

Welcome back and good to meet ya. I'm glad this thread was resurrected as i've never seen it. Hate to see anyone have so many headaches but it looks like you have an awesome replacement. Can't wait to see the inside!

Will post new pics in the next couple of weeks. Building brewtree to put the three tiered system to use. Will show the inside with the new brew system.

Just getting back on homebrewtalk. Long overdue on brewing!!! Finally putting the brewtree and system together. I now have a new Blichmann 30 gal brewpot with a 20 gal mashtun and 20 gal hot liquor tank. Sould be brewing my fist batch in three years next month. I will follow with pics of the inside of the building which shows both the shop and new brew system. Good to be back on here, looking forward to brewing again!!

Yeah I guess!
Welcome back!..I remember this thread from years ago!
Again.... Welcome back to the madness Warrior, good to see you back on the forum!
Cheers
Jay

Spent today cutting the angle iron and having a friend weld up the brew stand. Should be mostly done with the stands tomorrow.

Portable stand for the 30 gal pot is done. Two tier frame for hot liquor tank and mashtun should be finished tomorrow. Wire brush and then black paint to follow. Should have pics next week.

Amazing thread, glad to see you're pretty much back to normal, but I gotta ask.... What happened with the neighbor that started the fire?

Neighbor did not try to set the fire, it was accidental. They were renters and have since moved away.

Finished brew stands today. Need to wire brush and paint them as it was made out of used angle iron. They came out looking really nice, should make a great three tier setup.

I'm really glad this thread got resurrected. Interesting to see this build from start. Glad to see you could find a silver lining from that smoke cloud, Warrior. Welcome back!

Hooking the plumbing back up today. Only going to have cold water for now. Will add a under the sink instant heater sometime later. Shop is about 150 from the water heater in the house. Plumbing in a 1/2 micron house filter for the brewing water. Have a 15 and 5 micron on the house side. 1/2 micron even filters out bacteria.

Building's been done for 2 1/2 yrs. My insurance had to cover it as the renters didn't have insurance. Don't wish that on anyone going through a fire but I was definately blessed because I didn't lose the house.

Building's been done for 2 1/2 yrs. My insurance had to cover it as the renters didn't have insurance. Don't wish that on anyone going through a fire but I was definately blessed because I didn't lose the house.

Love the attitude. Been having some hard times lately myself (different variety), and it's too easy to get angry and forget the "good news" in a bad situation. Sending some good vibes towards getting life back to normal and getting things rebuilt. :mug:

Latest posts

Back