So I switched out my regulator and...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgewoodbrewery

Reaction score
I had the safety switch in my old Sunbeam propane regulator go bad so I got a new regulator and braided stainless line made by Cajun Cooker. It is supposively a 20psi regulator and the homebrew shop guy said it should allow me to burn hotter, but I don't notice any difference except that it does backdraft occasionally and I get flames coming out my carb adjust and I have to blow them out! :eek::confused: Honestly it actually seems quieter than my old one. Any thoughts?

Choke down the vanes more. The force of the propane should act to pull enough air into the throat of the casting.

Also, check the casting for blockage. You didn't specifiy what style of burner you are using so I cannot suggest how to do that for you. However, it should be apparent and it will help if you have an air compressor.

Choke down the vanes more. The force of the propane should act to pull enough air into the throat of the casting.

Also, check the casting for blockage. You didn't specifiy what style of burner you are using so I cannot suggest how to do that for you. However, it should be apparent and it will help if you have an air compressor.

I choke down the vanes at all and I get a pretty dirty flame. Its just your trade cast iron burner. I'll check to see if it is clogged...

I just hooked up a 20 psi reg to my SQ14's (thinking I'd need it for 2 burners)....actually, it is probably too much. The flame blows itself out, and I don't have any control unless I turn it way down! I'm considering going back to the 10 PSI reg.

I choke down the vanes at all and I get a pretty dirty flame. Its just your trade cast iron burner. I'll check to see if it is clogged...

You're getting too much gas, your burner can't pull enough air in to give you a good flame. You have too large a regulator.

Back