Pats n Giants Broadcast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Halftime so I have time to say a couple things...

First, how bad is the Collinsworth/Gumbel commentary? I mean MY GOD could it be any more anti-NE?

Second, hows this for Murphy's law: I have Eli on my fantasy team. Last week I was in the 3rd place game in my league, and Eli put up -2. Thats right, where QBs usually put up at least 10-15 points, he cost my team two points, thereby losing the game for me by like 15. Now that I don't need him to do anything, he is of course playing out of his mind

Lets go Belichick, shut up all of these naysayers and get to Eli!!!

What the hell happened though!?!

Talk about folding under pressure from first half to second Eli!

Oh, and right on about the commentary, Aweful!

Sea said:
What the hell happened though!?!

Talk about folding under pressure from first half to second Eli!

No doubt!

I cant stand gumbel at all. He must be there to fill dead air cause I hardly ever hear him say anythingreally worth listening too...

GloHoppa said:
First, how bad is the Collinsworth/Gumbel commentary? I mean MY GOD could it be any more anti-NE?
Which did you think was more anti-NE...the part where they showed the clip of Collinsworth in week 6 saying this is the best team he's ever seen? Or the multiple times (I lost count) he called Brady a stud, or some other man-crush term? ;)

Seriously, though...Gumbel's useless, but I generally find Collinsworth to be among the best of the ex-jock announcers. He's literate (!), understands the game, isn't afraid to call out players who screw up or do stupid things, and yet does so in a non-sensational way.

And as an impartial observer, I thought the announcing was pretty, well, impartial.

Congrats to the Pats on 16-0 :mug:

Bike N Brew said:
Which did you think was more anti-NE...the part where they showed the clip of Collinsworth in week 6 saying this is the best team he's ever seen? Or the multiple times (I lost count) he called Brady a stud, or some other man-crush term?

Seriously, though...Gumbel's useless, but I generally find Collinsworth to be among the best of the ex-jock announcers. He's literate (!), understands the game, isn't afraid to call out players who screw up or do stupid things, and yet does so in a non-sensational way.

And as an impartial observer, I thought the announcing was pretty, well, impartial.

Congrats to the Pats on 16-0 :mug:

Before the game started everyone was loving Belichick and Brady. Once the G-men started playing their asses off (which I give them HUGE props for because they did), all of a sudden every play was how awesome Eli was and how amazing the Giants were with no respect to the Pats. Our offense was consistent the whole night, our defense just didn't come to play until the 2nd half. It was only when the Pats started winning that anyone had anything good to say about NE

I got to say though, in terms of non-sensational, every other word out of Gumbel and Collinsworth was HUGE:drunk: :confused:

4 records in one game baby, Don Shula can suck it!:ban:

Latest posts

Back