Beer for wedding!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im getting married in a few weeks, and the wife and I decided to get a 16 oz, and a 1 liter glass beer steins for our toast; that's right no champaign for us.
Here's where you come in, what do you suggest for us?? She's not much of a beer drinker and I enjoy most of the beers I drink, with the exception of bud. Im not sure if the mrs. Will want the same type.. I'll also add she enjoyed the rangers ipa. So she isn't a weenie for bitter beers!

Thanks everyone! :D

barneygumble said:
Is the beer just for the two of you or for everyone at the wedding?

I just realized I didn't address that, there will be some for any beer drinkers, but I think we will have a beer for me and her as a toast then different kinds here an there for other people

Check out Northern California breweries ... As for beers, I recommend Sierra Nevada Pale, Anchor Steam, Racer 5, Great White ... Anchor also has a great summer wheat ...

I just realized I didn't address that, there will be some for any beer drinkers, but I think we will have a beer for me and her as a toast then different kinds here an there for other people

Then pick the bride's favorite!:mug: That makes it so much easier. If it was for everyone, it would have been much more difficult.

I may have to sample those for scientific purposes. ;)
I hope it goes well! Were doing and outdoor wedding so it may get too hot or too windy or something like that. I'll have to take lots of Benadryl for my allergies! :( I just bought young's double chocolate, and stone IPA.

I wonder if overcarbonated cider (perhaps graff) would have a champagne like effect.. Its a cider with specialty grains and its simple to make...

I think you should make whatever you toast with or choose something that is more of an apertif that everyone could enjoy...

IMHO, it isn't so much of a toast if you're just letting people drink what they are drinking and any nondrinkers have nothing to cheers with. Also, the point of a toast is for them to drink to whatever it is you have to say, not for you to drink to it. Seems tacky.

If you buy something, I'd go with a lambic and serve it to everyone in small amounts..

Whatever you do, don't buy a keg of IPA or Stout and expect the people at the party to appreciate your craft beer decision. People at weddings like getting piss drunk on piss beer, not being forced to appreciate your tastes. I had Two Brothers Domaine DuPage at my wedding and its a pretty agreeable beer but it still didn't go down.

Theres my 2 cents.

I wonder if overcarbonated cider (perhaps graff) would have a champagne like effect.. Its a cider with specialty grains and its simple to make...

I think you should make whatever you toast with or choose something that is more of an apertif that everyone could enjoy...

IMHO, it isn't so much of a toast if you're just letting people drink what they are drinking and any nondrinkers have nothing to cheers with. Also, the point of a toast is for them to drink to whatever it is you have to say, not for you to drink to it. Seems tacky.

If you buy something, I'd go with a lambic and serve it to everyone in small amounts..
Whatever you do, don't buy a keg of IPA or Stout and expect the people at the party to appreciate your craft beer decision. People at weddings like getting piss drunk on piss beer, not being forced to appreciate your tastes. I had Two Brothers Domaine DuPage at my wedding and its a pretty agreeable beer but it still didn't go down.

Theres my 2 cents.

A Lambic Framboise would have been my choice for an everyone has some beer.

Thanks guys, we got bombarded by last minute things, lots of just petty things , but she is pretty sure she wants us to use young's double chocolate for our toast, and buy lots of different kinds for the other people, and surprisingly enough, I've never had a Sierra Nevada! I may have to get some of your suggestions for my bachelor party and again, I'd like to thank everyone for their help :)

Back