New homebrewer in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

555wrx

Reaction score
Hello!
New to brewing myself, but it's been done in my family for years and years, and now I'm hooked, myself. I just (a week ago) got done with my first batch which is now fermenting. It's The Innkeeper extract kit from Northern Brewer. Good stuff so far with that.
I also have a question about another kit i brewed today, but I'm not sure where to ask it. I'll keep searching for now.
:mug: Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, and the hobby and congrats on your first brew. If you are looking for a place to post your question I would recommend here.

Welcome from another NJ'er. Actually, I just joined here after you.

You might check out Love2brew, which is a new LHBS (local home brew shop) in North Brunswick, just off of Rt 1, and *just* south of New Brunswick. I'm not affiliated in any way, other than that I went in as a customer and successfully purchased all of the ingredients for an all grain batch and a starter. They are friendly, knew what they were doing, and they seemed well stocked. Prices were decent and no shipping. They are better still if you get a NJ Craft Brew Card which is good for discounts at all kinds of beer friendly places around NJ. Not affiliated with those guys either.

If love2brew doesn't float your boat, there is also the Brewer's Apprentice down in freehold. They have always been good to me, but it seems their brew on premise business can take slight priority over homebrew sales, but a 10 minute wait or whatever is just nit-picking on my part. They have lots of fresh extract if you are sticking to extract kits.

whitenoise said:
Welcome from another NJ'er. Actually, I just joined here after you.

You might check out Love2brew, which is a new LHBS (local home brew shop) in North Brunswick, just off of Rt 1, and *just* south of New Brunswick. I'm not affiliated in any way, other than that I went in as a customer and successfully purchased all of the ingredients for an all grain batch and a starter. They are friendly, knew what they were doing, and they seemed well stocked. Prices were decent and no shipping. They are better still if you get a NJ Craft Brew Card which is good for discounts at all kinds of beer friendly places around NJ. Not affiliated with those guys either.

If love2brew doesn't float your boat, there is also the Brewer's Apprentice down in freehold. They have always been good to me, but it seems their brew on premise business can take slight priority over homebrew sales, but a 10 minute wait or whatever is just nit-picking on my part. They have lots of fresh extract if you are sticking to extract kits.

I'm another NJ guy just signed up and my first post I read I see the NJCB mentioned. Nice to see!!! I'm a reporter for the site and a new home brewer. There is also a great new place only opened for a couple months now called Cask and Kettle in Boonton,NJ. They have a full supply of ingredients to equipment. The owner and staff is very knowledgable. I have my first batch in the secondary now and almost ready to bottle. Can't wait to brew the next batch this weekend.

I would love to, just feel like I should get a few beers under my belt first. What homebrew club are you speaking of?

Bobby, what nights do you guys meet?

Edit: got my answer on the Whales website thanks anyway, hope to stop down.

Latest posts

Back