What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packed up my President's Day American IPA for shipping to the NHC in Philly.

Sent from HBT mobile

Pri: empty
Sec: empty
Keg: Vienna Lager
Bottled: Robust Porter and American IPA

1394414455517.jpg

Bottled my Lagunitas Sucks clone(ish). Was worst bottling experience ever! Read my thread in general discussions!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Transferred my Alaskan Amber clone. Then about four hours later had to make a quick run to my LHBS and buy a blow off tube. Fermentation kicked off again pretty fast and harder than I expected.

Now that my fermenter is empty I am looking for a good Hefe recipe to brew next weekend.

Bottled about half my batch of Dubbel, with the other half moving to secondary where it was blended with spices and a gallon of my Quad. The remaining 4 gallons of quad were then also racked to secondary. Since I was doing so much already I decided to also move my Saison to secondary and harvest the yeast cake.

I'm gonna be adding gelatin to my IIPA tonight. I started to cold crash it yesterday because I'd read that gelatin works better when the beer is cold when it's added. Will probably bottle this weekend and brew my next beer.

Cleaned a keg that blew last night and the lines. Transferred my Hopsecutioner clone from secondary & dry hopping to a keg to condition.

Hello fellow brewmeisters, I bottled my Light Hybrid Blonde Ale on Saturday and today I checked on it. I have 40 plastic bottles in two cardboard boxes in a bathroom shower tub.
Today they look as if they are resting nicely. They appear to have some corn sugar and/or yeast in the bottom. I slosh it around and disappears with a minimum of air bubbles and fizz. The bottles are not bulging. They are a little cloudy. I'm hoping they don't explode.
This is my first batch of home-brew. :tank:

Washed bottles and brewed first ever lager, an all grain golden lager. Drank a Victory Dirt Wolf IIPA. First outdoor brew day in three months!

Hello fellow brewmeisters, I bottled my Light Hybrid Blonde Ale on Saturday and today I checked on it. I have 40 plastic bottles in two cardboard boxes in a bathroom shower tub.

Today they look as if they are resting nicely. They appear to have some corn sugar and/or yeast in the bottom. I slosh it around and disappears with a minimum of air bubbles and fizz. The bottles are not bulging. They are a little cloudy. I'm hoping they don't explode.

This is my first batch of home-brew. :tank:

Sounds like you transferred more yeast than you needed but they will be fine. If you let them sit at least 3 weeks, refrigerate at least 2 days, and pour very carefully, they will be pretty clear.

Bought labelizer and made a label for my first brew (after not brewing for 9 months). Came up w/ a cheesy "brewery" name too that I hope sticks..

Racked my Award Winning American IPA to secondary & dry hopped w/ 1.25 oz Cascade. Also bought the ingredients for a Chocolate Stout & Redheaded Rye Child Amber plus a new 15 gal BK @ my LHBS.

Chilled at the local home brew store, picked up some random items. Stuck around awhile, and talked with everyone there. I also tried someone's homebrew.

Unrelated and :off:, Im about to make some Jerk marinade for chicken thighs. Mmmm...

Not for beer, but I whipped up a batch of white wine for SWMBO. 1 gal from 3 cans of Welch's white concentrate with a cup of table sigar. 25.7 deg plato so I figure around 13‰ abv. We'll see how it comes out.

Sent from HBT mobile

Pri: empty
Sec: empty
Keg: Vienna Lager
Bottled: Robust Porter and American IPA

Completed the clay tile sewer main tie in to run a new line out to the garage. Began the tie in to the potable water from the house. I am sick of shoveling...

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Put together a recipe to brew in a month for my brother... shooting for a kona golden ale clone since it is one of his favorite summer beers to be ready for his birthday in mid June. It will be my first come attempt so we will see how it turns out and how close I get.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Home Brew mobile app

Took gravity readings on the black IPA and the maris otter pale mild. Either I have two batches over attenuated or I need to calibrate my refractometer. Also dry hopped the black IPA.

Created two brews. First one an 80/ Scotch Ale, OSG 1.075. Second one a "Two Penney" from the third running's off the mash from the first, OSG 1.033.

Second gravity reading of SMaSH pale ale holding steady at 1.011, so dropped 2oz Cascade in for aroma. My first SMaSH, and absolutely my best pale yet. I'm being converted to the idea of simple beer.

"I will make it felony to drink small beer. "

Cleaned up about 4-6 pack worth of pale ale from the bottom of keezer after discovered an annoyingly slow leak from the tubing connection at keg...yay.

sent from Galaxy S4 after a few beers using homebrew talk app

Smacked my yeast tonight for my starter in the AM. Kegged the secondary. Racked the primary to the secondary in anticipation of this weekend's brew. (I have a good pipeline now but only so many kegs so I have to use a secondary as a holding point).

I picked up another fermentation bucket so that I can expand my pipeline in the very near future.

Stepped up the starter for the scotch ale I'm brewing on Saturday. Also brewed a 1 gallon black IPA. Oh, and broke my thermometer, thankfully not in the wort and it was after I was done using it for the night :sonofabitch:.

Finally finished delabeling bottles. It was a multi day effort. Trying to decide if I need a ball valve on both the inlet and the outlet of my new pump, or if just one on the outlet is good enough. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Back