connecting to 5L kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlyday

Reaction score
I was at my PartyStore\LHBS at lunch replacing a broken hydrometer and notice they had a bunch of german Oktoberfest beers in 5L kegs. It got me to thinking that it would be nice to have some specialty german beers or a bells oberon on tap next to the 3-4 home brew taps. Plus the hump in the freezer would fit a couple really nice.

I have no idea how the smaller kegs work, or what I would need to connect them. Any ideas?

unless you have a link to the keg, or can provide more details, it is impossible to answer that question over the internet. they could have any number of standard or non-standard connections.

I guess I wasnt really clear in the inital post. I want to connect the 5L kegs (ones like Heiniken) the little mini kegs to a shank and perlick faucet. My homebrew store carries some german beers in the 5L kegs.

Mini keg tappers work by snapping to the top of the keg and use a 2 piece bung. Commercial mini kegs have an air vent bung and serve via gravity. I have reused many commercial mini kegs in the past. Taking out the air vent bung almost always destroys it, and sometimes damages the mini keg. Heineken style minikegs are different and cannot be reused. There is no mini keg tap to standard faucet made. You would have to make your own and getting it to seal and fasten to the keg is the problem. If you find a solution and can sell it for under 20 bucks I want in on it.

-cheers

Back