Propane fittings - Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BendBrewer

Reaction score
I am having to piece my propane manifold together from parts on-line as I can't find anything local.

I have 2 - 10" high-pressure Banjo Burners. The orifice on them look like it is 1/2" or 5/8". The regulator is 1/4" npt out. The hoses are 1/4" MPT x 3/8" FFL and the suggested black pipe to use is 1/2".

Are all of these different sizes put together simply by using the appropriate reducers and fittings or have I ordered a plethora of mismatched items?

I'm a propane service Technician plus I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.....That being said..... 1/2 or 5/8 seems like an awfully large orifice opening, make sure your burners arn't Natural Gas. Everything else will be fine. You use a larger diam. supply pipe so that you don't lose too much volumn to resistance within the pipe. Plus that single 1/2 inch line is supplying multiple 1/4 lines going to your burners.

oh, that isn't the size of the opening. That is the size of the threads.

But thanks for the answer. I'll just piece it together to fit right? Seems like I am just looking to invent a problem.

Safety first, make sure you are leak free and you will be fine. If you struggle to get a nice hot blue flame with yellow tips than you are undersized somewhere.

I am going to save your profile for future PM's roady. Something tells me I might need it. If you could, check in from tijme to time on Saturday..........

Anywhere near Dexter or AA?

Latest posts

Back