Flushing keg lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
Whats a good way to flush the lines that beer runs through in a keg setup? Using a keg full of slightly soapy water isn't an option :p

A keg full of beer line cleaner is one approach. I force carbonate water and use that, but will use BLC if the hoses are stained or it has been a while since I've cleaned the faucets. I've found cycling the faucet five or six times will loosen most of the crud.

david_42 said:
A keg full of beer line cleaner is one approach. I force carbonate water and use that, but will use BLC if the hoses are stained or it has been a while since I've cleaned the faucets. I've found cycling the faucet five or six times will loosen most of the crud.
I use PBW. Works like a charm and so incredibly easy to use.

Each time I clean a keg (whit PWB, B-Brite, or Oxi-Clean), I flush some of the hot solution into the beer line, and leave it to soak for an hour or so. (I make sure I have a beer poured from from another keg before I tie up the beer line for such an extended period.)

After an hour, I rinse well and put it back in use.

-a.

commercial pubs over here just use a dilute bleach solution. Before the bleacj I flush the lines with water and afterwards blow dry the system with a bit of gas.

Matt

im actually cleaning mine tonight what i normally do is i fill my keg with cleaner and open the tap run all 5 gal through it and its clean as a whistle

then sanitize the keg and run a gal of sani through the lines

andrew

I picked up an extra corny just to go line cleaning, sooooo much easier than taking everything apart. I also run commercial kegs, but with Ventmatic faucets it is really easy - just hook up a cleaning bottle to the faucet with tubing.

Back