Regulator Leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpogo

Reaction score
I finally got my kegs and dual regulator set up. Adjusting the regulator to have both outputs set at 10 psi was a little new to me.

I kept having issue with the second gauge to the second keg where it would keep increasing on pressure. At first I just figured that the beer was just absorbing more co2. However each day more and more of the co2 was gone from the co2 tank. So I turned the second regulator gauge all the way open(so no co2 would run through it) and disconnected the gas line to the keg and pulled the release valve on that gauge to reset it to 0 psi. I checked this second gauge a day later and the needle was maxed out.

Is my regulator messed up or do I need to attempt some soapy water again(no leaks found the first time).

Thanks.

I can post pictures later if it would help.
Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System- with Reconditioned CO2 Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies That is what I am running on right now

So I turned the second regulator gauge all the way open(so no co2 would run through it)

I don't understand this statement. Regulators control pressure, not flow. If you ran the adjustment screw all the way in (CW), you've maxed the pressure, which is what your gage indicates. When the line from a regulator is not connected to a keg, there should be no flow, regardless of the pressure setting.

Try reducing the setting to the minimum (CCW) and leave the line unattached. If this is what you meant by "all the way open", then you probably do have a defective regulator. Most likely the diaphragm is damaged.

By the way, when checking for leaks, it is a good idea to shut the tank valve after pressurizing the regulators & lines.

Back