Finally got around to finishing my keezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonh

Reaction score
No longer have to open the chest freezer and use picnic taps!

She fits 2 cornies and a sixtel (Right now only two total...need to get a gas distributor or a tee or something and some more gas line to hook up 3 at once.)

Tossed the first keg in there last night (CWeston's Red Rye recipe). Got pretty crappy efficiency (60%), but it's only my second all-grain. Still came in around 5.2% though, and the hydro sample tasted great! Now I just need to make a new batch of apfelwein.

DSC00100.JPG

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00102.JPG

DSC00103.JPG

I like the tap handles - re-writable

Where did you get them ? And what if you have more than 2 cornies ?

you should stain the collar, it takes like 5 min and will make it look alot nicer...

dont know much about keezers but buying 2 cornies for $30 tomorrrow. Isnt a freezer too cold? Or can you regulate it to like 45-50 degrees?

dont know much about keezers but buying 2 cornies for $30 tomorrrow. Isnt a freezer too cold? Or can you regulate it to like 45-50 degrees?

You need to get a temperature controller like the Johnson Controls Thermostat to do this. It's about $55 and you set your freeezer temp to lowest then just plug the freezer power cord into this and voila.

Yeah. The little gray box screwed to the left-hand side is a Ranco temperature controller like the one Moose777 mentioned.

I've been thinking about staining the wood. Both for appearance and also for beter waterproofing of the wood. Not sure if it'll rot with condensation?

And yes, that's a computer with the tank on top of it. The computer doesn't have anything to do with the keezer though...it's just a crappy old computer I have to watch TV/videos/listen to music/etc while on the treadmill (ironically right next to the keezer...)

Nice job on this one. Mine almost looks exactly like it and I got the same tap handles. I am going to stain mine...but to waterproof the wood, do I have to use stain for exteriors or can I use interior stain too?

Back