Any modifications needed to convert chest freezer to fermentation vessel??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are inline with the power cord to the freezer. You just pop the temperature probe inside the freezer and it switches the freezer on and off.

Got it...Thanks.

Where can I find one on line and how much are they?

I know I could probably google and find something, but I'd prefer a tried and true brand from someone who uses them.

Do a search for "temperature controller" and you'll find many posts about the different ones available, makes, models, etc.

Before shipping, I'm sure. I'd rather give my money to a reputable home brew supplier anyway.

Before shipping, I'm sure. I'd rather give my money to a reputable home brew supplier anyway.
I have gotten 2 seperate Ranco controllers for under $45 shipped off of Ebay. Not saying you shouldn't give your money to a homebrew shop, just saying that it is a bit cheaper on ebay.

Most of the people selling them on Ebay are reputable businesses (usually electrical, furnace retailers, etc...). If it really makes you feel better to spend $15 more to buy from a home brew supplier, have at it.

Back