Barking Beagle Brewcasting!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't do it...I already GOT NOTHING done today, and tomorrow's my last day of freedom before I have to go back to work after over 2 weeks....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't broadcast...because you're my friend, and I'm gonna wanna watch...and I would like to get something done tomorrow, like a brew of my own...or bottle the IPA I planned to do today...

Don't do it...just brew in your own privacy...We don't wanna watch you brew...really we don't...

pleeze...

:D

I've never done a FWH before...not too sure? Are you going to use a more aromatic hop or stick with what ya got? Palmer says it should be about 30% of your hop bill...and considered equal to a 20 min boil.

I'm only watching if you wear a kilt (and drink one of my beers during the session).:D

Possible. ;)

Are you going to use a more aromatic hop or stick with what ya got?

I'll probably use .5 oz or so of Challenger at flameout. I wanted to stick with a single hop, but I do have some EKG that might add a nice floral aroma.

meh...I forgot, I was so into brewing me own beer...and roasting my venison shoulder, and baking bread, and doing laundry...and now I'm going to bottle my IPA so I can use the fermenter...Hope it's all doing well...

:mug:

Thanks to all who tuned in, it was fun! 6 gallons of 1.058 wort just went into the fermenter, and the yeast is pitched. As I mentioned during the brewcast, my ground water made for a spectacular cold break and the wort is incredibly bright right now.

flyangler - Thanks for taking the time to put that together. I felt like I was there brewing with you and I definitely learned a few new tricks.

Damn! How'd I miss this? Gone all day yesterday when it was announced. Could have used the motivation today. Started late. Tried a new technique. Missed all my temperatures. First lauter didn’t want to run.
:drunk:

So how can I catch this in re-runs? :(

Damn! How'd I miss this? Gone all day yesterday when it was announced. Could have used the motivation today. Started late. Tried a new technique. Missed all my temperatures. First lauter didn’t want to run.
:drunk:

So how can I catch this in re-runs? :(

No worries, Herm- there will be others. It was a learning experience for me as well, trying to position the camera effectively and be aware of the people watching. ;)

How were you broadcasting? Macbook and an iSight? The only real problem i noticed was when we couldn't see you anymore because of the light. That and the fact that you couldn't share your beer from the tap.

How were you broadcasting? Macbook and an iSight? The only real problem i noticed was when we couldn't see you anymore because of the light.

Yeah, I was just using the iSight camera on my MacBook. I'll have to try using my miniDV sometime, set up on a tripod or something. An experiment for another brew day!

great job today! I learned a bunch, and am anxious to try my first all grain :rockin:

Sorry I had to bail early, but good barbecue waits for no man ;)

Glad you found it helpful, Ceedubya! My wife always tells me I talk too damn much; hopefully that wasn't the case today. :D

It was quite good, even without the kilt. Your minimalist approach inspires me.:D

Cool! I'd say that there are quite a few accomplished brewers on here that have similar breweries. I'll fit a valve onto the kettle eventually, as well as have a more efficient brewstand/sculpture; but, I've been satisfied with my system thus far. If I can find some 15.5 gallon kegs, a keggle conversion would be the first order of business- but I'll admit, I'm not in any rush.

Sadly, you kinda have to talk a lot, otherwise it's just a bunch of people watching a pot from thousands of miles away.

On a side note... was this the ESB you brewed by chance?

ESB

I'm trying to decide if i want to brew an ESB or just a bitters. I like ESBs but think i'd like something with a bit less hop. The problem is i've never had an ordinary bitters

On a side note... was this the ESB you brewed by chance?

I just checked Beer Alchemy and the recipe is nearly exactly as written:

11 lbs Maris Otter
8 oz Crystal 25L
4 oz Crystal 120L

2 oz Golding @ 60
1 oz Golding @ flameout

Wyeast 1028

This is the version from BCS.

Cool, thanks. Hate to keep asking for help, but any chance i could get the .xml file. I just started running beer alchemy and am still figuring out the program.

Back