Label Peelers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I recently ordered quite a few # of hops from the folks at Beer and Wine Making Supplies and I have to say that they are very easy to deal with. I bought 10# of Citra Leaf hops and with shipping included the price was right at $20/lb. That was a great price considering what everybody else charges for that hop and how big a box you need for 10# of leaf hops. I bought 20# of hops a few weeks earlier and paid less than a dollar a pound for shipping. The prices are good, you get a confirmation e-mail, and the shipping charges are really good. They didn't jack-up the price of hard to find hops and for that they will get my business again.

So I tried these guys the other day. Holy crap. What a hell of a deal. I wish I could say this is a paid endorsement because I would totally sell out. But it isn't.

Anyway, I ordered some stuff Wednesday at 8 or 9 pm. Came today (Saturday). Unbelieveable. By far the cheapest price on what I bought, reasonable shipping, and amazingly fast delivery.

I ordered 5x the amount of stuff from another vendor that advertises here. I won't **** all over them because that's not my style (this hour anyway). But they were slow, screwed up the order, and it was about a week before they shipped.

LabelPeelers.com highly recommended. Dumb name, great service.

I pre-ordered 4lbs of 2012 pellet hops from them, prices seemed great. I hope what you say is true, they are supposed to ship between 10/26-11/2. I will reply back to this thread.

I ordered from them once. I paid for one service but somehow received the cheaper USPS without tracking. It took a week to get to me. Website is like a data dump. Not impressed.

allenH said:
I pre-ordered 4lbs of 2012 pellet hops from them, prices seemed great. I hope what you say is true, they are supposed to ship between 10/26-11/2. I will reply back to this thread.

I ended up doing the same - pre-ordered Amarillo, Centennial, Citra, and Simco, and threw in a lb of 2011 Columbus as well. Hopefully it works out, because I'm looking to master a Pliney clone this winter, and figure out a solid Citra SMaSH for the SWMBO.

Ive order about 10lbs of hops from them over the last two years. They have always been fast and high quality hops.

I just did the hop preorder thing as well. Best price I've seen on hops besides hopsdirect, but their expensive shopping brings the price per pound up considerably. I called LP today to ask about when the leaf hops are coming in, should be within a couple weeks. I was happy to hear that the purchase is an actual guarantee that you will receive the hops. The guy said they buy over half of Hop Unions supply.

Shipping wasn't too bad from my side, but they are also less than 90 min away. I plan on checking out the store when we visit the folks in Akron for Christmas.

Anyone else had their pre-orders delivered yet? We are well within the date window they are showing on the site. I have a big order with these guys, first time. I am also waiting for hopsdirect to start shipping some other pellets than Cascade and Centennial.

dbrewski said:
Anyone else had their pre-orders delivered yet? We are well within the date window they are showing on the site. I have a big order with these guys, first time. I am also waiting for hopsdirect to start shipping some other pellets than Cascade and Centennial.

I called them last week, they said we are looking at second week of November and then they start processing orders which may take another week or two. I'm guessing we'll have them by the end of the month by the time you add in all that plus shipping. I bought 7 lbs from them this year. I don't want to have to be scrounging for hops later.

dbrewski said:

Nothing yet, hopefully they will be in by thanksgiving. I placed 2 orders with them, the first order said they expected them in 10/26-11/2, one week later I placed the second order and it said 10/26-11/9. The waiting is the hardest part.

Oddly enough I'm hoping that they delay towards end of month. I made a slight error in calculating availability freezer room. I'm trying to hold out buying another freezer until black Friday. The more time i have to clear out space, the better.

brewguyver said:
Oddly enough I'm hoping that they delay towards end of month. I made a slight error in calculating availability freezer room. I'm trying to hold out buying another freezer until black Friday. The more time i have to clear out space, the better.

The hop union packs are nitrogen flushed. They'd stay good for a long time before keeping them cool became a concern.

I have this problem also. But I think I'm going to cure it by dumping some 2011 Brewer's Gold leaf hops. Not sure why I ended up with a pound of those anyway, and they just won't go away. Plus I have a spare kegerator in the garage, not a freezer but it will at least keep excess hops cool.

Lol. Same here. I'm making a lot of big IPA's trying to burn through hops to make room. I'm about to move and don't want to buy the freezer and fridge/freezer until then. I'm commandeering hop storage space at my dads house in the meantime.

I ordered two cases of PET bottles from these guys. They had the best price I could find and I had the bottles in hand in less than a week. :mug:

Rick

I just got the "official" email that they're starting to ship. Time to find out how much freezer space these things will take up.

On a side note, I did my first canning because of this hop order. Put 3 qts of chili in jars and pasteurized to save room.

I just logged into my account this morning, no status change on the account and no email! But at least it sounds like they are making progress.

I talked to Matt today, he's a good guy. He said that they are processing something like 850 orders a day, and they are still waiting on a lot of their hops. He said that LabelPeelers owns almost half of the non contracted harvest of 2012, so at least we can be sure we're getting em.

dbrewski said:
I just logged into my account this morning, no status change on the account and no email! But at least it sounds like they are making progress.

Same here, no status change and no email. I was hoping to have them next week.

allenH said:
Same here, no status change and no email. I was hoping to have them next week.

After this, I counted 10 emails, 8 generic and 2 personal from them. I received everything I ordered, it took longer than expected but, it is an agricultural crop. Overall, I am very happy with labelpeelers and will I definitely do the preorder again next year.

After this, I counted 10 emails, 8 generic and 2 personal from them. I received everything I ordered, it took longer than expected but, it is an agricultural crop. Overall, I am very happy with labelpeelers and will I definitely do the preorder again next year.

To be clear... you just received them today?

thadius856 said:
To be clear... you just received them today?

No, I received them a while back. Just looking through my previous posts and wanted to update this for people searching labelpeelers in the future.

I placed an order with Label Peelers yesterday afternnon at about 3 p.m. It's 9 a.m. the next day, and my order just arrived! Used the basic ground shipping with FedEx. I've never had an order come so quickly, and I've used several online stores.

With their 20% off cyber Monday sale, I got a pretty good price on 3 gallon better bottles.

Same experience again with Label Peelers: order arrived in less than 24 hours. Opened the package to find they'd thrown in a free pound of Styrian Celeia hops from last year's harvest! Great company.

Label Peelers also one of the few companies with reasonable shipping to overseas military. Some of them won't even ship to us at all.

Another good one is apexbrewwares.com. He even honors flat rate shipping to us. Also, you can build a recipe on his site so even if you only want an ounce of something, Jeremy will make it happen.

I ordered some things from them last Monday evening around 5:30, and had the order waiting for me when I got home from work the very next day about 3:30. Less than 24 hours!

The stuff was really well priced, but there was one error with the order. I ordered a glass hydrometer jar, and received a plastic one. An exchange involved a few mouse clicks, a brief description of the problem, and was completely resolved in a day. Good communication, and quick.

Overall, it was a very positive experience. I'll certainly order from them again.

I let my wife use some of my recent batch of cider in a couple of recipes in place of the normal wine and they came out so much better I had to brew up some more. Only needing the yeast I took advantage of Label Peelers shipping dry yeast free in an envelope by the post office. It was early afternoon and they had it in the mail by the end of the day.

Back