The Stone has Arrived!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewpastor said:
Which Stone do you have?
Oh - I got a case of the Stone IPA. It is unavailable in Florida, and even though there are a thousand other beers to choose from I fell victim to the forbidden fruit phenomenon and special ordered a case of it. No regrets - it is good.

It is good, although I would suggest the Ruination IPA next time. Of course, when the Imperial Stout becomes available I would suggest 2 cases! Enjoy your slurge!

I haven't had the regular Stone IPA yet, but Ruination (and 10th Anniversary IPA) are both PHENOMENAL. Smoked Porter is outstanding. Hell, EVERYTHING I've had from them is outstanding....

Brewpastor said:
It is good, although I would suggest the Ruination IPA next time. Of course, when the Imperial Stout becomes available I would suggest 2 cases! Enjoy your slurge!
Yep - when this is gone I'll give another order sincere consideration. The shipping is more $$ than the beer - but I never let a few bucks get in the way of a passion. Beer is proof that God loves us!

I did a beerswap with Beertopia, and he sent me quite a collection of Stone. I LOVED the Arrogant Bastard, and tonight after dinner we'll be trying the Ruination.

I've been impressed with reading the labels, too. Of course, I'm easily amused and entertained.

Lorena

Two years ago at the Oregon Homebrew Festival, Stone sent two kegs and the guy who (I think) was the inspiration for Arrogant Bastard (or at least the name). Our layout wasn't good enough. We finally gave him his own table, jockey box, CO2 tank, etc., and told him to have fun. Since he had an Oregon "pull" tag, he was probably from the local distributor and had just auditioned for the part!

The stone labels are great. The one on the back of the barleywine changes every year. Entertaining and clever marketing, all wrapped around great beer.

Well - 12 already gone (along with a whole host of other beers). No matter what you think or your wife tells you - you still do not have enough beer to accommodate you and your hard drinking relatives.

I stopped by the local place over the weekend to pick up some more stuff and they had a few more cases of the Stone 10th Anniversary IPA at the store. Another store wasn't selling it very fast, so they sent it to this one. I ended getting about four more bottles!

Nice!

I wonder how well the 10th Anniversay would stand up to some aging? I know beers tend to lose their hop aroma first, but I'm thinking about putting a bottle aside for a while, until the 11th Anniversary comes out, do a little vertical tasting. Good idea, bad idea? Will the high alcohol % help it stand up to some aging, or is this still a beer that I really want to drink reasonably fresh?

That's what I'm curious about. I originally bought only 2 bottles and drank one not long after. Now that I have a few extras, I hang on to one or two for a while. I have had IPA's that lost their aroma and strong hop flavors, but at 10%, I don't think aging is going to hurt it. It might change, but it should still be interesting.

I did a beerswap with Beertopia, and he sent me quite a collection of Stone.

Fuggles,
I can get my hands on all the Stone products. Let me know if you'd be interested in a swap as well. Might be cheaper than ordering online.

Stopped by the brewery today. Took a great tour and tasted most of the regular line plus Levitation. Sadly I was with people, including my son, and was not able to stay and eat at the Bistro. Why sadly you ask? Well, they have the cellar open right now and are pouring pretty much everything 03.03.03 - 06.06.06 (the 02.02.02 was tapped Christmas eve and didn't last the night) Check out the rest of the special offerings in the Bistro: http://www.stonebrew.com/newsletter/archives/061206/index.html#storm

For anyone in the area they are having a growler special on new year's eve. They will have the following available:
2006 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine
2006 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone 06.06.06 Vertical Epic Ale
Stone 10th Anniversary IPA
2006 OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale
2006 Double Bastard Ale

Rather than making a new thread, I'll bump this one as the title is rather fitting. I didn't see another thread on the topic so I just wanted to announce my joy that STONE HAS OFFICIALLY ARRIVED IN FLORIDA! :ban:

I believe the 15th was the 'official' launch date. It's not yet available in my town. No fear, SWMBO is earning brownie points by going on a field trip as I sit here at work. Here's where she's off to....:D

Home

Back