A source of primary fermenters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabot

Reaction score
What do you guys reccommend for primaries? I have three useable ale pails (the other couple I have are scratched and are now cleaning buckets)

I really would like to get 3 or 4 more primaries, as I finally have more time to brew, just nowhere to put said brew! There is a LHBS near me but he is not well stocked, I may be able to find one bucket at his place.

I guess my question would be where can I get inexpensive, reliable primary fermenters for 5 and/or 10 gallon batches? Thanks! :mug:

US Plastics

5 -6 and 7 gallon buckets under 10$ with lids . I have the 15 gallon Delex that I use for 10 gallon brews .. You might want to see if the LBS has them as they are used for LME .

Maybe I'm being thick, but it looks like these are one-time use lids? It says the re-usable lids don't have a gasket, and therefore I assume would be no go for fermenting?

Maybe I'm being thick, but it looks like these are one-time use lids? It says the re-usable lids don't have a gasket, and therefore I assume would be no go for fermenting?

fermenters do not need to be air tight. You can put o-rings in the other lids if you want.

My ale pail isn't air tight. I don't get a single bubble in my airlock. Still makes great beer. I just figure it adds a safeguard against explosive blowoff action. If the airlock gets clogged, there's somewhere else for the CO2 to escape.

Back