Ball lock gas disconnect - crisis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk00k

Reaction score
Having a party on Friday night and wanted to have a couple beers on tap. This is my first try kegging beers. First beer kegged up and good to go. Went to keg my second one, accidently mixed up the posts and tried to put the gas disconnect on the liquid post. It got stuck. Eventually got it off, but now it leaks. Maybe it always did. I know the disconnect is the problem, because I can use my other one with no problems on both kegs. Anyone know how to get a new one super quick? Maybe I can just switch the gas between them every half hour? Nearest LHBS is 40 miles away and I can't make it there before friday...help

Ahhhh didn't read it that well (on the train).

I suppose you could switch the gas from keg to keg. Crank the gas up to pressurize and you'll get a few pours out of it. My only concern is losing carbonation before you repressurize. .

Ahhhh didn't read it that well (on the train).

I suppose you could switch the gas from keg to keg. Crank the gas up to pressurize and you'll get a few pours out of it. My only concern is losing carbonation before you repressurize. .

Yeah, that's what I was worried about.

Having a party on Friday night and wanted to have a couple beers on tap. This is my first try kegging beers. First beer kegged up and good to go. Went to keg my second one, accidently mixed up the posts and tried to put the gas disconnect on the liquid post. It got stuck. Eventually got it off, but now it leaks. Maybe it always did. I know the disconnect is the problem, because I can use my other one with no problems on both kegs. Anyone know how to get a new one super quick? Maybe I can just switch the gas between them every half hour? Nearest LHBS is 40 miles away and I can't make it there before friday...help

I'm gonna guess it's not sitting properly. Take the "bad" one apart by removing the top of it (it's slotted for a screwdriver) and clean it all up and put it back together. It's possible that the pin/poppet inside the disconnect isn't sitting properly.

M_C

I'm gonna guess it's not sitting properly. Take the "bad" one apart by removing the top of it (it's slotted for a screwdriver) and clean it all up and put it back together. It's possible that the pin/poppet inside the disconnect isn't sitting properly.

M_C

Tried this last night, several times in fact. It was a no go. Thanks though, didn't know I could take them apart before.

If it's just for a night, there's nothing to worry about, just switch the gas line back and forth.

_

Tried this last night, several times in fact. It was a no go. Thanks though, didn't know I could take them apart before.

chances are that the liquid post scratched the inside of the plastic disconnect when you pulled it back off, that's why it's leaking. unfortunately, i don't know of any way to fix a scratched plastic disconnect. best advice is to keep a small stash of spare parts, including a pair of spare disconnects..

Back