Life & Limb Clone Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvcjbl

Reaction score
I attempted the recipe on here for life and limb. I had a little bit of issuse (too much initial volume) but still managed to hit my OG (1.103. I pitched the yeast (Sufale US-05 2L Starter) at 70'f and put it into my SSOFC and set the thermostat for 60'f (Ambient). I affixed a digital outdoor thermometer to the carboy itself to keep tabs on the beer temp. I am into a vigorous fermentation right now as the 6 gallons fermenting is just barely coming out of my blow off tube. It is tripple bubbling once a second at the moment which is about 30 hours or so after pitching. Currently the thermometer affixed to the carboy is telling me the fan kicks on cooling to beer to 65.1'f and turns off at 61.9'f. Does this temperature range seem ok? This gives me a calculated median temp of 63.5'f (the stick on fermometer shows 64'f)

Back