Virgin Brewer in Scarborough, Ontario

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greentrollblood

Reaction score
Greetings, I've been lurking on this forum for a while and finally got around to making an account. I got the idea of brewing when I stumbled across Craigtube on youtube, and it doesn't get more Canadian and badass than Craig making beer in his basement with a poorly-fit sweater and sandals. Since then I've been scrounging the internet for all the resources a beginner home brewer would need, and this website was a goldmine.

I'm a university of student living in Scarborough, Ontario and I'm trying to pay lakeport prices without actually drinking or embarrassing-myself-and-begging-to-get-ID'ed by buying lakeport at the beer store. I'm planning on starting off with kit, but ultimately I want to get into this so-called addiction of all-grain home brewing that will leave me further into the crippling grips of student loans with its apparently time and capital depleting nature. If there are any other brewers in the Toronto/Scarborough region, that'd be great. I'm completely stumped on where to get things, the legality of home brewing in Canada, and whether the water is actually any safe.

Thanks for listening, and cheers.

Welcome from Guelph fellow Canuck! :mug:

Homebrewing is completely legal here so don't worry about that. And generally speaking if your water is good enough to drink, it's good enough for beer. I'm sure there are a few homebrew shops in your area. If you're on facebook I know there is a group called the Southern Ontario Brewers. I think it's called 'Are you an SOB?' or something similar. I know they've done a couple meet-ups at the Amsterdam brewery now including some bulk buys. Some people on there will definitely be from your neck of the woods and will be able to assist.

As for the cost, well yes it can get expensive. But it's like any other hobby. You can spend as little or as much as you like. The good news is that with the horrible beer prices in Ontario you WILL save money if you don't go crazy in the gear department.

Welcome! Once you start getting some ladies to drink your brew I think you might have a leg up on losing that virginity.

Oh, virgin to BREWING!

nm.

Back