Fill Just a few bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayday1019

Reaction score
Hey All,

I just started kegging and will never fill 5 gallons worth of bottles ever again. There are times though that I may want to fill a 6 pack or something to keep for aging or to give away to friends. Is there a way to traditionally prime a single bottle without creating grenades?

Will the carbonation from the keg stay in the bottle if I force carbonate in the keg, then transfer into a bottle?

Thanks!

Yep, carb drops are a handy thing in this situation.

Just to supplement that last piece of good advice, I have used the Cooper's carb drops and like these better:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=7187

The problem with the big Cooper's drops is that you have no control over your carbonation level. I always found the Cooper's drops were so big that all my beers were over-carbonated. The Munton's version are smaller, and you can add as many drops per bottle as you need to get the correct level of carbonation.

Bobby_M,You Freakin Rock !
I'm goin to the LHBS and also gonna get the stuff needed to do this.
BTW,Does anybody know how long beer bottle this way will keep ?

SAS98M said:
Bobby_M,You Freakin Rock !
I'm goin to the LHBS and also gonna get the stuff needed to do this.
BTW,Does anybody know how long beer bottle this way will keep ?

Depends on the kind of beer inside the bottles. If there are any questions about the quality of the beer after time in the bottle you can always ship them to me for disposal or testing in Boston.

Latest posts

Back