Brewers of South Suburbia - BOSS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a side by side brew on fathers day. I ran my keggle system and my batch sparge cooler at the same time for 20 gallons in a single session :rockin: .It was a fun day. I did 10 gallons of coffee stout in my cooler and 10 gallons of triple decocted hefe on my keggle. Hope every dad had a good day--I did!

I'm brewing again. I fit 33# of grain Into my keggle with a 1.25 ratio and also batch sparged another 16# of grain into my mashton cooler to give me 14 gallons of wort between the 2 and did a 3 hour boil for 10.5 gallons of really thick RIS. Does anyone still look at this thread?

I'm brewing again. I fit 33# of grain Into my keggle with a 1.25 ratio and also batch sparged another 16# of grain into my mashton cooler to give me 14 gallons of wort between the 2 and did a 3 hour boil for 10.5 gallons of really thick RIS. Does anyone still look at this thread?

Hi Kevin! That's a lot of grain!

Hi Jim! It was old grain and wanted to use it all. Had a fun day with it. One of those seat of your pants brews. SRM was really black so called it a stout but really it's what I had on hand.

Latest posts

Back