Northern Brewer Better Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can buy two cheaper at my local store, than their bogo + shipping costs.

Yep, only 6 gallon ones and it appears they are getting bombed on facebook by people complaining about shipping.

jflongo, I don't want to start an argument, but why complain if you have a local brewstore available? I understand for others who depend on shipping to get goods, but if there is something in the area that provides why complain about something you don't need to use?

Hmmm. I'm in Michigan, so not too far from Northern Brewer, and my shipping was only $14 for two, with 2-day shipping. Being that my job is at an e-commerce company, that seems extremely reasonable for two oversized items. I'm not sure why everyone's got their panties in a bunch over that.

Hmmm. I'm in Michigan, so not too far from Northern Brewer, and my shipping was only $14 for two, with 2-day shipping. Being that my job is at an e-commerce company, that seems extremely reasonable for two oversized items. I'm not sure why everyone's got their panties in a bunch over that.

Panties aren't in a bunch for $14 for that... it's the $11 shipping for 2 1oz bottles of femcap that gets me.

Panties aren't in a bunch for $14 for that... it's the $11 shipping for 2 1oz bottles of femcap that gets me.

That makes more sense. Midwest has a fairly high minimum shipping rate too. I remember when I bought my starter kit from them (which had included shipping) I went to add a free DVD that they had and it bumped the shipping up to like $15 or $20! I opted not to get the "free" DVD. :) I'm lucky enough to have 3 LHBS's within 30 minutes from me, so I don't really order my brew stuff online anyway. Their prices are usually in line with the online stores.

That makes more sense. Midwest has a fairly high minimum shipping rate too. I remember when I bought my starter kit from them (which had included shipping) I went to add a free DVD that they had and it bumped the shipping up to like $15 or $20! I opted not to get the "free" DVD. :) I'm lucky enough to have 3 LHBS's within 30 minutes from me, so I don't really order my brew stuff online anyway. Their prices are usually in line with the online stores.

I'm also in the same boat where I have LHBS's all over me, but NB and really BTV really got me hooked on the brewing bug, so I feel I have to support them with atleast some of my purchases...it's just so hard.

I know there is a site that Sells PET bottles that resemble the better bottle for around $16 or $17, I just can't find it right now. I think they have flat shipping at $6.99 for under $100, and $4.99 for $100 or more. I'll see if i can find it.

Latest posts

Back