Cooler inside keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoriarugby

Reaction score
I work for a company that has the ability to make coolers of any size and length. I was wanting to install a 1/2" x 30' cooler (ends up being around 14" dia rings) inside me kettle. I was thinking I would be able to brew my beer in the keggle, then turn the supply water on and co it inside the keggle without moving anything, then I could "drain" it into my primary when the temp was right. I know I can make it work I'm just wondering if it sounds like a good idea or a waste of time. I already have it drawn ip and the cooler made and ready to go into the keggle. Please let me know what you think.

Plenty of people use this idea. It works great. I have one built into my HLT kettle, so I just add ice to the pot and then circulate my wort through the coil.

But, it'll also work the way you're talking about. The only thing is it's hard to clean. When you're cooling, hops and debris will get stuck to the sides of the coil. If you can't remove it from the kettle, then you may end up not getting everything cleaned properly. Unless you fill it full of water and boil it.

Back