I just tasted my first homebrew, and I am happy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampsonic

Reaction score
Well, I just tasted my first homebrew. Sure it's a Mr. Beer brew. Sure it's only bottle conditioned a week. But I love it. I am pleased. No head? Who cares. Delicious.

This is my week 1 (bottle conditioned) "surveillance beer" (per Justibone).

Thanks to everyone who's helped me out. I can tell that in 1 years time, I'll have way more equipment than this Mr. Beer, but it's hard to imagine anything tasting sweeter than this.

This is 1 can of the Mr. Beer Bewitched Red Ale LME, replaced the booster with 1lb light DME. Fermented almost 2 months (life got in the way), and bottled 1 week, not even 24 hours in the fridge, and I couldn't help myself. I can't way to try this at week 2 and week 3.

homebrew.jpg

Congrats on a brew well done! I did the same thing, trying one after a week in the bottle. It was a brewers best IPA. I was surprised it had decent carbonation. It's been two weeks now and tastes even better and has pretty good head retention.

there is no better feeling.. until you start kegging and pour your own beer from your own tap.. that is heaven right there

Awesome! I didn't go with a kit but just a basic recipe. Mine is at 10 days in primary. Probably going to bottle after 14-17 days then condition for a week to 10 days. Its so hard to wait. I checked the gravity again today to make sure it was done fermenting and it tastes great (even if its warm and flat). Nothing better than a beer you made yourself. Enjoy.
:mug:

My wife bought me a mr beer for x mas when we were dating. I didn't have any luck with it. Of course I used bakers yeast and table sugar or something totally goofy. Anyhoo ff 12 years and brewing consumes much of my open thought. Welcome to you all. Go 5 or 10 gal as soon as you can. It all only gets better this is a great site. Enjoy!! Some if you will hit the point where you only drink beer you made. Cheers

Congratulations!

My first beer should be ready to drink in less than 2 weeks (bottle conditioning now). It must feel good, I can't wait to taste mine!

Back