Keezer Build. Another one on the way…

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, they don't have any prices listed. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for yours and how long it is?

Nice work, great craftsmanship!

So what kind of lights did you mount back there? That looks really good, they're nice and bright.

Can we get a couple of pics of the inside and back of the coffin? :D

Thanks whoneedsabeer. The lights are automotive LED’s I picked up at Advanced Auto. I’ve got them hooked up to a 12v transformer from a wireless router that recently went belly up. I got a Potentiometer from a friend that replaced them on his Stratocaster that I will be adding in so I can dim them a bit. They are a bit harsh, being white. May find some king of defused plasitc to put over them to. I've got pieces of scotch tape over them now and it helps a lot. Getto yes, but it works for now.

As for pictures of the back, that will have to wait until I go into it again because I have to move it away from the wall, and it weighs a TON! Here’s a picture of the inside of the freezer before I put the kegs in. I'll take one of the inside of the coffen when I move it out.

T3.JPG

I'm intrigued by the inside of the coffin as well - I can see how jester was able to mount his lights using a rope light just going in and out underneath the tap board, but curious to see how you mounted these. Are they mounted through the backsplash, or are they suspended and pointing down?

Also, good looking countertop - did you end up with tile, or is it formica? (Don't see any grout... or did you use the "Make it Stone" stuff that I saw someone else use?)

Here's the drawing of how I did it. Side view of the front faceplate, top and lid with the shanks and LED's. Top is Formica the wife picked out. Looks real nice with the stained oak. I'll get some pictures of it all when I can.

Faucet_Coffen_Side_w_LEDS.jpg

Here's a picture of the back. Still need a bit of trim to finish the top. Just ran out of good pieces.

T4.jpg

Here's inside the coffin. Still might put some insulation in it and a fan to keep lines cold.

T5.jpg

Cheers for that, Jake. I was kinda hoping you'd done it differently, since I've already got my coffin (for the most part) assembled, so adding lights would have to be through the main wall for me. (I've got about a half inch from the bottom of the faceplate to the bottom of the backing board, so can still tuck lights in there).

Can't believe you're running that with ZERO insulation or a fan?? You *should* by all rights be getting just glasses of foam with that setup?

Back