Can you put ball-lock posts on a pin-lock keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I have about 9 pin-lock kegs I got really cheap off of craigs list -- but i already have 4 ball lock. I want to go all ball lock or all pin lock. If i buy new posts from a homebrew store, are they interchangeable between the kegs?

Short answer, maybe.

You will have to take the posts off and determine what thread the kegs are. From that you can try to find correct posts.

Here is a link that may help

Corny Keg Thread Sizes

I happen to have many Ball Lock posts that I'd part with cheap if you know what you need.

Good Luck,
Ron

I'v heard people say "no", however i have seen kegs on ebay that have the craigslist dimensions but have ball lock posts. I'd say give it a try on one and see. Problem is that the posts themselves can cost more than a used keg.

You're better off using all threaded fittings and just changing your hoses as needed. A few turns of a nut, and you can change out the ends on your gas hoses or liquid lines.

Yes you can!
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_163&products_id=2066

You're better off using all threaded fittings and just changing your hoses as needed. A few turns of a nut, and you can change out the ends on your gas hoses or liquid lines.

Latest posts

Back