OMG- They're baaaccckkkkk!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my phone just rang. I should have seen it coming.

We helped my daughter buy a house, and the closing was last Friday. It was a super quick deal. We also have to do a few things to the house before they can move in- like upgrade the electrical right away. So, lschiavo's company is working on it today but it won't be inspected until Tuesday. Then, the utlities can be turned on.

A couple of days ago my daughter said, "We're breaking our lease, and they are keeping our $500 security deposit, so I don't want to stay another month." I heard it, but I guess I nodded and said "Unhuh".

She just called and said that she's bringing over the cat and the litter box and the baby. I said, "Um, what?" She said that today is the end of the month and they are "moving all of their stuff to the new house, but moving in with you until next Wednesday at least, remember?"

Ah. No. I didn't remember. :drunk:

We'll be here tonight, since I"m working early tomorrow, but we'll be staying at my cottage anyway through the weekend so it's not a problem. I'm just a little, I don't know, surprised that my memory is that bad. :D

It's not but, they remember better that you are questioning and know how to play it off.

Soon the wee bairn will pick up on this too. Catch Grammy while she's deep in the middle of her to do's and drop the really big ones on you unawares.

I hear all the time "I told you this last week."
"Well ok then."
"DO you remember?"
"Sure..."

Ahh, I need to listen.

Sheeeet, I'm not even forty yet (soon though, **shudder**) and my wife and kids play that one on me.

To their credit, we probably had those conversations and I'm just a forgetful bass turd...

Enjoy the grandone while you can...

There's another side to that coin, I know its hard to see sometimes.

I was considering moving back east from Las Vegas a few years ago. Things weren't going according to plan there, and we wanted to bail before their housing market tanked. My father, being the overly generous person that he is, offered to let us squat in an "extra" house he had been trying to sell for a couple years. We visited, and while it wasnt the nicest place I've lived it certainly fit the price we were looking for. Plus it was only going to be for about 6 months and until we bought a house of our own.

So we agree, pack, load the moving truck, and the exact day we left Las Vegas for home he sold the house. I remember him calling while we were driving through Utah, only 3-4 hours on the road.

I had to pull over when he told me. And his voice still rings through my head from the response of where we were going to end up..

Well you can stay we me son, it'll be GREAT!!

It actually wasnt that bad looking back on it, but as a 37 year old man who was about to get married, moving in with dad sounded like a big step backwards. He also had a number of "issues" which made living with him extra special!

There

Well you can stay we me son, it'll be GREAT!!

It actually wasnt that bad looking back on it, but as a 37 year old man who was about to get married, moving in with dad sounded like a big step backwards. He also had a number of "issues" which made living with him extra special!

Dear Lawd! I can't even imagine. Once, just for a couple of weeks, I elected to be homeless and live out of my car instead of moving back in with my folks. I knew it was just for two weeks, between school and summer work, so it was FAR, FAR the better option. Haven't regretted it.

I surely do sympathize with having parents with "special issues". Now, if I were related to Yoop, things might be different. I have a feeling we'd spend our time having beer and doing outdoor activities. Enjoy the brief reunion, Yoop...and I pray for all your sakes that it truly will be brief! :)

It's not but, they remember better that you are questioning and know how to play it off.

Soon the wee bairn will pick up on this too. Catch Grammy while she's deep in the middle of her 4th or 5th IPA and drop the really big ones on you unawares.

Fixed that for you. This is Yoop we're talking about.

Me and the wife was talking about dinner and she mentioned Chinese food so I say that sounds good. She leaves the gym which is next to the Chinese food to pick it up. Then I get a phone call saying they dont have our order. I said I didn't place the order we just talked about but didnt mention anything about me ordering. She goes seriously we talked about it and I even told you what I wanted. LOL I guess I was busy doing other things do notice but I swear we didn't talk about actually ordering Chinese food

Me and the wife was talking about dinner and she mentioned Chinese food so I say that sounds good. She leaves the gym which is next to the Chinese food to pick it up. Then I get a phone call saying they dont have our order. I said I didn't place the order we just talked about but didnt mention anything about me ordering. She goes seriously we talked about it and I even told you what I wanted. LOL I guess I was busy doing other things do notice but I swear we didn't talk about actually ordering Chinese food

I'm not alone! I learned to quit asking "Are you sure?" and just apologize.

Latest posts

Back