homebrew store with fresh ingredients in Pittsburgh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megaman

Reaction score
I live in Vancouver, BC. There is a store on Hastings (dans homebrew) that I go to that is very good. Fresh ingredients spread out to see (grains, hops still in freezer), never out of ingredients. Prices are good as well. Knowledgeable staff that don't try and push kits the entire time. I have been to other stores around Vancouver and they are much worse.

I am going to be setting my brother up homebrewing in Pittsburgh, PA over Christmas. I want to start him on the right foot, and was wondering what the good store was in the area.

Thanks.

I haven't lived there in 5 years but there are 2 stores that I used to visit.

South Hills Brewing
Country Wines

I haven't lived there in 5 years but there are 2 stores that I used to visit.

South Hills Brewing
Country Wines
Both of these stores are now owned and operated by the same person or persons. They are quality people and provide excellant service. I buy all my Wine and Beer supplies from these stores. South Hills Brewing is on Noblestown Road in the South Hills and Country Wines is on Babcock Blvd. in the North Hills.

South Hills Brewing Supply
Country Wines

Tell em "Barry" recommended you stop by. You will be satisfied, I assure you.

Salute! :mug:

I went to South Hills Brewing. I got a deluxe starter kit ($99) for my brother for doing malt extract recipes. Word of warning: No thermometer, no hydrometer flask, no spoon.

The lack of thermometer pissed me off the most. Internet only from now on.

I went to South Hills Brewing. I got a deluxe starter kit ($99) for my brother for doing malt extract recipes. Word of warning: No thermometer, no hydrometer flask, no spoon.

The lack of thermometer pissed me off the most. Internet only from now on.

It should have came with a stick on thermo. The container the hydro came in acts as a flask, FWIW.

Latest posts

Back