Happy Oregon Craft Beer Month!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there...SWMBO and I got married the last weekend in July 7 years ago (holy shizzle). Brewers fest was a great pre-party...

And anyone that can make it there is a Brewers BBQ on Wednesday the 23rd and the opening parade on Thursday the 24th!

Bump*

I'll be driving down to my mother's house Wednesday night and heading into Portland Thursday morning for OBF.

Who all is going? I'll be in town until Saturday evening so let's hook up HBT'ers! :mug:

SWMBO and I are there. Starting out with the Brewers dinner tomorrow night. Wanted to ditch work for the parade Thursday morning...still not sure. Saturday for the actual festivities.

Dang. Going on the 1st official camping trip with the entire fam. Can't make it. Someone take/post pics so I can see the goodness.

Just got back to the office from the brunch. It was fun, but I didn't get to stick around for the parade...next year I really need to take the Thursday and Friday off from work! Saw the mayor of PDX, Kurt Widmer and meet John Foyston (he does the beer column in the Oregonian A&E and the beer blog on oregonlive among other things).

I'll be there tomorrow when it opens. Last year I saw a couple of guys that had pretzel necklaces. When you're tasting so many beers in a short time your tongue gets all confused. So this year I'll have a pretzel necklace on.

:fro:

My back is still trashed, so I'll miss the fest. Missed last weekend's as well. Both were great last year.

Festival was awesome got to try a lot of great beers. Pliny The Elder was the show stealer. Best IPA I've tried yet. Went to LHBS the next day and they had all the hops I needed except Columbus :(. Talked to a friend who went Saturday who said Pliny the Elder was tapped out by 1pm.

Just got back to Seattle. What a weekend! Went to OBF on Thursday which is always great, fewer people, no lines and the beer never runs out.

On Friday we headed out for a Portland pub crawl. We started at Hopworks then went over to the open house party at Hair of the Dog. From there we were off to Roots, Lucky Lab and The Green Dragon where we also sampled some Absinthe from the distillery next door. We ended up at the Pilsner Room for the late night happy hour and ended up closing the place down.

On Saturday, I got up in the morning and met up with friends from the night before for some breakfast at Veritable Quandry. Hit the festival from noon til around 2:00 and then headed over for the annual cigar and beer industry event at the Pilsner Room/Full Sail Brewery. John was pouring a mighty fine 10 year old barleywine.

Kilted Brewer must have called while I was there but I didn't hear my phone so we never hooked up. EvilTOJ managed to make it however and we walked up to Bailey's Taproom for a Fort George Barrel Aged Raspberry Wit while my friends checked out the talent next door at Mary's Club.

I'll post some pics later.

Sorry we missed you Don. sent you a text on Friday and then called on Saturday afternoon. We had some folks come back to our place last night after the OBF so I missed your call about Bailey's. Next time...

Here are a few pics of this year's festival and beyond

Heading to the north tent
OBF 001.jpg

Mmmmmmm...Pliny
OBF 002.jpg

Scene in the south tent
OBF 003.jpg

Lining up for beer
OBF 004.jpg

Justin from BN was there (said he remembered the Grapes of Wrath at NHC)
OBF 005.jpg

Back bar at the new Deschutes Brewpub in Portland
OBF 011.jpg

Nice big urinals at the new Deschutes Brewpub
OBF 013.jpg

3bbl Groen steam jacketed brew kettle at Hair of the Dog Brewery with converted dairy tank mash tun in the foreground
OBF 017.jpg

33 year old Heaven Hill Bourbon bourbon barrels. Just emptied and shipped to Hair of the Dog
OBF 019.jpg

Hangin' at the Clinton Street Brewpub
OBF 022.jpg

My buddys Kirk and Mike at The Integrity Spirits Distillery at The Green Dragon. They have a wonderful Absinthe called Trillium
OBF 025.jpg

Chris Studach after a shot of Trillium Absinthe (you may recognize Chris as the guy from the Rogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar bottle)
OBF 030.jpg

And this picture kind of sums up how our night ended. :drunk:
OBF 032.jpg

I was the supervisor of the trailer that had Pliny on Saturday. Pliny kegs went dry at about 2. The lines were so long for it, I had 3 people pouring. When I put up the "empty for the day" sign, everyone gave a big "BOOOOO".

Russian River beers are supposed to be available in Oregon now. Vinnie was in town last night for the kick off.

Latest posts

Back